Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

LWMViewer2 changes due

Gotcha, Jim, thanks!Now why when I have a palette on the screen does the image shift underneath a line even with the palette?Usually I have the palettes on another monitor, but it'd be nice to figure this out . . .Jon

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Um... no idea, I've never seen that :-hmmm Can you give (again, probably) the details of your graphics card, including the amount of on-board memory? I take it you've got the latest updates for DirectX and the card drivers?Cheers,Jim

Hi Jim,I have:- BFG 7900GT 256Mb - 8.4.2.1 (latest) graphic drivers- DirectX 9.0c (V4.09.00.0904)- AMD X2 4200+- 2Gb RAM- A8N SLI motherboard- Win XP SP2- 2x Samsung 920N Monitors- 800 Gb SATA-II RAID-0 array... and a bunch of peripherals.EDIT: and the problem isn't occuring anymore! Thanks for your cosmic help. I'll let you know if it recurs...EDIT again: oops. After I switched from oblique to top-down view the problem recurred.Jon

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Well, one of the big changes is to the top-down mode so maybe it'll go away of its own accord again :)FYI, the custom colour settings for VTPs are in and I've found and fixed the Airport search bug.Cheers,Jim

Great, this is a great tool. Thanks Jim for spending even more time on it.scott s..

No worries, Jim, let's see how the new version works.The 7900GT works great, but I do get a lot of screen flashing when apps are loaded. I think having 2 monitors complicates it as well. Sometimes if I resize my FS9 screen that window will go irretrievably black. So I'd wonder whether the issue I reported is your software or the card.I look forward to playing with the new version . . . Jon

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Would somebody with either a GForceFX 5200 or 5600 please download this little program and send me a screenshot of the output (or post here so others know not to bother)?http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/CWETest.zipIt appears some information I got is incorrect, and I've been relying on a particular feature that isn't available on these cards.Which leads to the next question; how many people are actually using these? ;( Thanks,Jim

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Very useful, thanks. Sadly it's at odds with both Chris Dragan's database *and* Microsoft, who also disagree with each other :) Well, I'm going to need to find another way round a particular problem. Thanks for the info.Cheers,Jim

Guest Lufthansa321

One change I would like to see, even though it may not be very feasible is to make it compatible with non-shader video cards and to have a from-the-basics-manual for people like me just starting to use the program.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,I was on holiday for a while, sorry for not replying sooner.The manual definitely needs improvements. Some is more or less complete, but large chunks aren't there. It's not forgotten about, but I need to get the code working properly first. If there's a particular thing you're trying to do, let me know and I'll try and give you some pointers in the meantime.I'm afraid that support for non-shader cards is highly unlikely. I've had enough trouble getting it to work on even fairly modern cards. I've been rewriting the terrain mesh display and some model-related stuff, and discovered that the changes don't work on the NVidia FX5200/5600 series which is taking me a while to work round.(BTW, the dynamic terrain display working well on newer cards but is still too slow dealing with lots of models, I'm tweaking that right now).I moved quite a bit of the data processing from the CPU to the GPU a long time ago and it would be a huge amount of work to have it working in both places. It's not just a case of switching off some flashy effects like you can in games, I've got program logic on the GPU too.Cheers,Jim

Jim, if it's not too late, it would be convenient if either the most recent coordinates entered for "Open by Coords..." were preserved from one pass to the next or if a facility to enter default coordinates was provided.Thanks for an excellent tool.Don

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Yeah, can do. I've been working on some other stuff for a few weeks so this got a little sidelined... the new terrain is working but the performance with lots of objects is pretty poor, and I want to fix that before the next drop.Cheers,Jim