Sign in to follow this  
Holger

VTP exclusion of autogen...

One of the chief complaints of addons like UT which add dense residential roads is the near complete loss of autogen in urban areas.After reading Luis' post in the beginners' thread, I have been experimenting with edits of terrain.cfg to attempt to prevent exclusion of autogen by roads with little success. It seems logical to me that editing the roads section such that each road entry reads "ExcludeAutogen=0" should do the trick. Additionally, for roads that have associated vector autogen objects, editing the exclude range for each autogen entry to read "ExclusionWidth=0" should completely correct this issue, but I see little change. I'm not sure what "ClipData" does, but I tried editing that to =0 as well with no effect.Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place - Has anyone else tried this already?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Congratulations, Scott. I have just tried it and can confirm that you have found one more item that does not yet work. As we usually say here, "wait for the next version!"Best regards.Luis

Is it possible the exclusion is a property of the model?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

A flag in the config file with no matching code? Couldn't be! :-smooch

Hi Scott,You should be able to do a simple experiment by adding your own road type via SBuilder or Ground2K. Since VTP lines cannot make use of the special commands (exclusion, flatten, etc.) unless they are added to the terrain.cfg that new road type should have no influence on the surrounding autogen. For example, I'm using custom trail textures in this manner with the trails weaving "underneath" the trees rather than cutting a swath through them.That doesn't help with establishing whether ExclusionWidth works but at least it will give you a reference for comparison.BTW, the (theoretical?) properties of the parameters are explained in the Terrain Config File.doc of the SF2004 Terrain SDK.Cheers, Holger