Sign in to follow this  
Guest webryan

Generic bridge

Guest webryan

I have this generic bridge gen_bridge07, totally misplaced in my FaroeIsland scenery. I can`t remove it with an exclude file. I have tried to deactivate all sceneries except default and the bridge is still there. So it is not from an addon scenery. How can I get rid of it?

If you are using a regular exclusion rectangle then you may want to try a VRP poly exclude. Not sure if they work for bridges but they can remove things like roads etc that ordinary excludes can't. SBuilder can create these and they work bt excluding objects in a scenery layer.

... and do make sure that your exclude covers the entire bridge (in a single exclude), if unsure add a little bit to spare.Jon

Guest sapper42

If its a default Bridge, its an error of FS as to why its placed and normal excludes will not remove it.Do a search for defarea20.zip by Christian i think as this is the only thing ive found to work with an identical problem in some Australian Scenery.rgds jeff

>If its a default Bridge, its an error of FS as to why its>placed and normal excludes will not remove it.I don't think this is an error. These bridges are "connected" with VTP lines, so that makes it rather logical that a VTP exclude can remove them and not a normal exclude.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest webryan

I have now tried a VTP exclude, and the bridge is still there. The only way to get rid of it until now is to deactivate the folder eurw, but of course it is not a solution. There must be a way....

Hi webryan.The generic bridges of FS9 are VTP lines and may be VTP-excluded if we find the layer number of the line. Alternately, I've found that we can exclude a generic bridge if we cover the start-point with an object exclude.But, we must know the exact latitude and longitude of the object before we can help.Also, is this default FS9 scenery, or an addon of yours or someone else's?Dick

Guest webryan

The bridge is now removed with a DefArea.bgl, but I still have a problem, that could be related to the bridge. A small part of a coast in our Faroe Island scenery near the bridge is destroyed. Could there be a connection, and what can I do.....