Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Problem with ExcBuilder

Hi,this is my first try to scenery design. I tried to do some modifications to LDZA, my hometown airport(Zagreb Pleso Intrenational airport, Croatia). So I managed to add a few static aircrafts and some other objects with RWY12 and I decided to add some new terminal buildings, new tower and remove default ones.This is where my problem with ExcBuilder starts. I downloaded program from the AVSIM library with tutorials and downloaded BGLCOMP SDK and MSXML 4.0 from Microsoft. I have also downloaded FSconnect required for communication with FS and installed all these programs as described in installation files and tutorial. At my first try it turned out that ExcBuilder didn't create .BGL file for my exclude although I followed insturctions from tutorial. So I saved my XML code and compiled it manually using compile.bat also found within tutorial zipped file.It turns out that compilation cannot be done because latitude minimum must be less than latitude maximum. I looked for a solution of this problem on the Internet and found few topics on this problem but no solution.Here is my XML source code...it should exclude default airport tower from scenery:<?xml version="1.0"?>So, any help would be appreciated because I'm already losing my nervs with this simple program. Am I doing something wrong???Thanks for your help...Dubravko

You need to be sure you are facing North when you use ExeBuilder or any other exclusion tool for that matter. They are rectangles with side NSE & W and if you are off facing you can get the problem you describe. A simple way out if you have the xml is to change the co-ordinate values around in the xml so that the minimum is less than that maximum and then re-compile it. Check it out in your scenery after you compile it and the exclusion will probably be what you want :-) I have had that problem with ExeBuilder and I am not sure I fixed it every time via the program. If you are planning on enhancing your scenery then many of the scenery design programs can also create exclusion rectangles although not all of them use xml code.

I see commas in your LAT/LON values, should be the decimal point.

Thanks for reply...I'm facing north when using ExcBuilder...before I start doing anything I switch to slew mode in FS and hit space...this way my aircraft turns to north......this is how it's described in tutorial, but again I still have the problem with compiling and creating .bgl file.I've also tried to change coordinate values manually in xml code but I still don't get .bgl file created.Best regards.

It seems that we are online at very same time...I'll try to change commas to decimal point...Thanks for quick reply...Best regards...

It seems that those commas were cause of the problems...I've managed to exclude default terminal buildings and control tower...it works great.Again thanks for your help and best wishes...Dubravko

If you are getting commas as the decimal separator then I guess you have your country setting set to that. Quite a few programs (SBuilder for one) has to have the decimal separator set as a point in your local settings. I have not checked exeBuilder but maybe that requires the same and cannot cope with the comma as a decimal separator. I had that problem for a while with my utility Libary Object Manager which was creating xml with commas for points when used in Germany.