Sign in to follow this  
Guest gaumaugher

Do VTP 1 polygons work in CFS2?

Guest gaumaugher

I have been experimenting with Ground2K version 4 and CFS2. It works pretty well except that I have not been able to get the textured VTP 1 polygons to work. It always comes out as an area sized rectangle (when my poly was round) and green regardless of the texture selected. I've used it in FS2002 and it works great. Does anyone know if they work in CFS2 before I spend 20 hours figuring it out for myself?

Hi.CFS2 would need a single named bitmap to display. The bit map can be a default bitmap in the "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesCombat Flight Simulator 2SCENEDBworldtexture" folder... or it can be a named texture in a local "texture" folder ( paired to the bgl's local "scenery" folder ). The texture should be 8-bit, mipped. That can be done by imagetool.There are no night textures or seasonal names ( or landclass numbers, I believe ).From Ground2K:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/150610.jpgDick

Guest gaumaugher

Thanks. I follow all of this except "single named". Does this simply mean it must be an eight character no space name or is there something more?

Hi.By single,named I mean one texture used. Note by the image that G2K allows 6 texture names. These are for seasonal and night usage, which CFS2 doesn't support.DIck

Guest gaumaugher

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted the reply. Only problem is it still only shows up as a green rectangle. I created a brown 256 color 8 bit 256x256 texture, ran image tool and created the mipped image and saved it as 8 bit. After attaching the texture to my round VTP 1 poly per the tutorial, I checked it out in CFS2 and it was there but it was square, not round, and green instead of brown. Any clues as to where I am going astray?

Guest gaumaugher

No need to post. You already solved my problem in the last reply. My problem was in the texture. As I was zipping the files to post I noticed the date was wrong on the texture. I had corrected my texture per your last message but never copied it into the CFS2 directory. As soon as I put it in, the poly showed up just as expected, round and the right colors. A clear case of oldtimers disease. Thanks for all your help! Maybe I can complete the 1916 western front now.