Sign in to follow this  
ztimbre

separation plane for effects?

Hi guys, quick question (I have searched the forum, but no luck). Is it possible to use a "separation plane" ala GMAX with regular FS9 effects? I need a strobe that cannot be seen from below, but want to use a controller effect to create a complex sequence of strobes...Thanks in advance!

Guest artmartin

I managed to use such an effect to create a traffic light but it was a real challenge. The primary challenge was the timing of the planes that exposed each color light. I finally settled on a rotating box around the lights that had open panes for the right sequence. Art Martin

hi Art, thanks for the reply. I've already got the strobe sequence working using a controller effect. Now I just need to make the strobes invisible from below so that they are not visible from the ground, only when above about 60 feet. I know you can do this with separation planes in GMAX, but I'd rather find an effect-based solution. Did you use an effect for your traffic light, or did you build it in GMAX with separation planes?

geez, where is everybody :) I though sure it would be a simple question for one of the gurus. Is it possible to make an effect visible from above and invisible from below without using GMAX? Heeellloo? (echos) Gurus? *crickets*(and no offense Art, you are a master!) all in good fun...