Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard Hill

New River Gorge Bridge HELP

Guest Richard Hill

Is there someone willing to create the New River Bridge. This is the one featured on the back of thje West Virginia quarter. I will willing send some data and photographs and a CD of my West Virginia area scenery to place it in the right prospective. There was someone who made one for FS2000 but will not work or look right for FS2004, but, seems to no longer have the time to update it.Richard L Hill

Richard -Not sure I understand your question. Daniel Greenwood's newerivergorgebridge.zip contains a readme written by you that says the bridge is for FS2004. Have you discovered a problem in the model since that time?John

Guest Richard Hill

John;I was the one who asked Daniel to make the bridge. I have enailed him a few times, but I think he is to busy to do it now, with all his world travel and family.The bridge was designed for default scenery and mesh. On updated mesh and scenery with normal width of the gorge, bridge is too lond and sets above the New River Gorge. See attached zip.Richard L Hill

Richard -Thanks, I get the picture now.As it seems to be a matter of fitting the bridge to the "new" gorge, I'm wondering if the original model could not be modified, rather than recreated. Since you were the instigator of the project, did Daniel give you the source code (Gmax I assume?) for the model, or might he be willing to do so?John

Yes Richard if you have the source (gmax?) file of the bridge, the bridge could be lowered/altered to fit the new terrain.I just started messing with Gmax, but I was already able to lower a small skyscraper I made from 100m to 70 m height. Similar in concept to what could be done with the New River Gorge Bridge...if you have the gmax source. Could be he used a different design tool. But even so, I would think other design tools could do the same thing.Also it occurs to me that an XML object placement file might also do the trick, if a simple elevation change is all that is needed.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Richard Hill

I will try and get an answer from Daniel, as to if he might have the data, and would send it to me.Richard L Hill

I will try and get an answer from Daniel, as to if he might have the data, and would send it to me. Richard L Hill
Have tried to get a reply from Daniel for some time, years now! I guess he has gotten away from Flight Sim, or has become envolved with family and life I have photo and datasheet of the Bridge, but have no kowledge of scenery object design. Anyone willing to attempt the job please email me! rhill1@ma.rr.com Richard hill