Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Newbe needs help with airport beacon please

Guest tallpilot

The airport beacon at my home airport (A09 Eagle)was misplaced in the default scenery. I excluded it and have been trying to install a replacement tower and animated beacon. I have tried Ez-Scenery, RWY12 and Library Object Manager. I've been able to install a tower and installed the green and white beacon on top from the generic library, but I can't get it to rotate at night. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ED Weber

Having just done this for the first time myself, here's the xml I used. Adjust the latitude, longitude and altitude to suit and you should be good to go. Compile with bglcomp and you should be done.

Hello Ed,Nice to see you around. What are you doing up in Eagle? Did KHII close?I did a different rendering of your area using just default elements. It is not photoreal and does not really look so great because of the textures:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151233.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151234.jpgbut you are welcome to it, if you want.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/151235.zipThere is a London Bridge and you can make out the old Lake Havasu strip.Working beacons need a special code that attaches the rotating light effect, otherwise it will be immobile.Here is the code for the St. Thomas, USVI beacon and you can just change the coordinates and save it as a xml file (make sure that it has a xml extension), then drop the file over BGLComp.exe to get the bgl.Best regards.Luis

Guest tallpilot

Hi Luis,No KHII is still here and I still live in Havasu. When I owned the Baron (Big Red) I kept it tied down outside because hanger space was not available. When I sold it and got the Bellanca Viking (Lil Red) hanger space was still not available here and there is NO Way I could leave a wood and fabric airplane outside so I found space at A09 ( Eagle). It's a 45 minute drive from here but with these vintage :-) airplanes, you do what you have to do.Thanks for the info on the xml now all this OLD (just had my 70th last week)duffer has to do is figure it all out.Hope things are well with you there in paradise south.Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Guest tallpilot

Thank you for the reply. I'll give it a go.Ed Weber

Guest tallpilot

The OLD man (cap'n tall) needs some more assistance Luis.Ok I copied the code that you sent to microsoft word and made the changes to lat long and altitude. Now how do I make that into an xml so I can compile it to a bgl? Life was soooo much easier when all I had to do was get people from point A to point B. :-)Ed

Boy, do I agree with you, Ed. I hate the brave new computer world, and I have been working with them for over 30 years! Couldn't they just start making everything simple for once?Anyway, I copy that kind of code to Notepad and then when saving, remove the ".txt" extension and change it to ".xml" and this usually works.You know, what, Ed? You can probably just use a .txt file from Notepad - that will probably work also. So, copy the code into Notepad, save it as .txt, and drop it over BGLComp.Holler if you need more assistance.Best regards.Luis