Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Moving a VOR

To update the scenery of the Barcelona El Prat airport (LEBL) I have installed an AFCAD file, dowloaded from Avsim. Everything seems to be OK except that there is a VOR in the middle of the new South runway.I checked with AFCAD2 and there were duplicated navaids showing up: the PRA and BCN VORs. With AFCAD2 I deleted the new ones and moved the old ones to their correct positions. I saved the file and restarted FS9. The VOR could still be seen in the middle of the runway. However in the FS9 Map view, FSNavigator and, of course AFCAD2, the VOR is in the correct position.What have I missed? The unpleasant point is that the runway cannot be used, as it results in a building crash.I hope someone can help.Regards,

AFCAD knows nothing about the visual scenery objects around airports. You need to use something like SceneGenX to exclude the default objects and move them to the correct locations.scott s..

Yep - the visual object and the VOR itself are not the same thing. They should be co-located but moving the VOR with AFCAD will not move the physical object. AS suggested you need to exclude the object that is in the wrong place and place a new one co-located with the position of your revised VOR