Sign in to follow this  
Guest tasnvs

Ground2k4 Unable to make the Lc_xxx_xxx.bgl files

Guest tasnvs

Hi I have a problem since a power failure when working in Ground2k4.I am no longer able to make the Wc or Lc_xxx_xxx.bgl file from Groung2k4. The data shows up in Ground2k4 ok and I have checked in the LMW files and the data is in there okthe other bgl files are being compiled ok.Cheers Norman

Hello Norman,I never was able to produce LC files with G2K4. Although it works for WC files.However, if I remember correctly, you find the LC/WC raw file, the LC/WC tmf file and the .inf file in the temp or work directory of the G2k4 program folder. So you can manually compile the LC/WC bgl file - see the SDK.I don't know, how to correct this problem with G2K4. (I use G2K v3 to produce the LC file)Best regards,Edgar

Hi all,both LC and WC work fine for me with G2K4 5.33. The only restriction I'm aware of is that there can't be a space in the path name for the land and water class files. Thus, I have my paths set to:0018 "F:GROUND2K4"0019 "F:GROUND2K4"with F:Ground2K4 also being my G2K4 root directory. (I realize that this doesn't explain why Edgar's G2K4 installation compiles water class but not land class). On the other hand, I don't normally use G2K4 for the final land/water class files. Rather, I load the .raw file it produces into EZ-Landclass for checking and further processing. It provides a great means for spotting errors, creating base coverage, importing data from other sources (e.g., Slartibartfast), feathering project edges, etc. Cheers, Holger

Guest tasnvs

Hi Edgar, and HolgerI have had no problems with G2k4 v5.4 untill I had the power failureAfter that I could not get any of the textures in the Line tab to show but have now fixed that.The only thing now is the generation of th LC_xxx_xxx.bgl fileI am geting a FicRaw.Raw, the TemLC.Inf, the xxx_3.bgl, xxx_5.bgland the xxx_9.bgl all ok but just no LCxxx_xxx.bglI even tried other projects and the same no LCxxx_xxx.bgl fileHave even done a reinstall but still nothingThanks anywayCheers Norman

Guest tasnvs

Well I have found part why Ground2k4 is not producing a LC.bglFor some reason it has stopped overwriting the previous LC.bgl file in the folder. So now I have to cut and past as I cannot leave the LC.bgl when compiling again.Cheers Norman