Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Adding a tower to a default airport.

I have an afcad for Scampton, EGPX, with a tower defined in the correct position (the default FS9 AP does not have a tower). In FS9, the tower view seems to be miles from the position defined in the afcad.Any ideas?George

Hi George,it's a "problem" with the saved flight situation you're using to check your project: the FLT file also contains the tower position and until you save a new flight (it's best to start at another airfield, then GoTo to the new airfield, then save) the previous tower location will be re-loaded even though it doesn't exist in the AFCAD (any more).The other option is to directly edit your FLT file in Wordpad, copying the tower location from the AFCAD window.Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,I am using a flight saved before modifying the afcad. I would never have thought of that.George

It's gone again :( So I copied the .flt and .wx files from my other machine which shows it correctly and the tower view is still miles from the airfield. Even the default Tacoma tower view is wrong.Do you have any other suggestions?George

I've come to the conclusion that it is a graphics driver problem. If I select a flight which is started in pause mode and select tower view was it correct. As soon as I unpause, the tower seems to move miles from the airport. This happens with 2xFS7800GTX in SLI mode using 84.56 drivers, my other system using an FX6800 with 71.84 drivers does not have this problem.George