Sign in to follow this  
Guest tallpilot

Flight Scenery airfield markings default showing as wel...

Hi All;Sorry to ask - I've had the post on the Flight Scenery forum for a couple of days now, lots af hits but no replies. This is the strangest problem; my home base is now the fabulous KOQU, flying the T37 Tweet, AI is a bunch of MAAM's B25's and some C130s! I love it all.. . BUT I can still see the default (I guess) runway/taxyway/airfield markings visible "through" the Flight Scenery markings. for e.g. I see two centre lines - one bright white (default I think) - and a similar one, dull whitish grey, offset by a few feet. KSFZ is similar. I've tried aligning them all using AFCAD221, but - should I have to? Is there something here in the install that I'm missing? I'm loathe to reinstall because the sim has been so perfect for a goodly number of months. Thanks and appreciation for any help,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest tcable

Do you have a third party AFCAD? You shoud not see any default markings.One of these days I'll install some C130's for OQU. WHen I was a kid they moved from PVD to OQU on the Navy's departure. I even have pictures of carriers moored at the pier.

Hi; Thaks for the reply: No - only FS Genesis NE and Applachians. I 've run FS Manager and ScanAFD, but no answers. I've moved FltScnry up in priority, but I have no clue as to why I'm seeing this. I guess I will reinstall. The install for the 130's is a breeze; they look very good - and if you can work flightplans and bring in other navy/Coast Guard/military aircraft - like the Grumman Goose - the place comes alive!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

IT'S QUONSET AIRSHOW WEEKEND! I'm heading down to OQU tomorrow (Thursday) for the practice/media day flights... and if my cards are played correctly, I may be on a boat for the show on Saturday!/useless post. sorry 'bout that.

Reinstalled and works fine. All the airfields/markings showed through. Can't believe it.Which pier were the carriers moored at: actually at the airbase or further up - NE - at the great big concrete-looking jetty? I'd like to add them for sure, and maybe will post some screenshots. Rhode Island is the best scenery addon I have. Using a 21" Gateway widescreen - 1680 x 1050 and a home-built cockpit I actually experienced mild airsicknes doing aeros in the Tweet over OQU the other day. First time in forty years!Regards,

Guest tallpilot

Hello Luis,I was going to send you an e-mail but I couldn't find your address.I just got a chance to load and try the scenery you made for Lake Havasu. As Tony the Tiger would say, "It's grrrreat". The London Bridge, the marina and even the old airport on the Island. I could almost swear I saw some scantly clad spring breakers out on the lake. :-) Thanks you did a fantastic job.Regards,Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot