Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

AFCAD scenery textures not showing up

Guest lionheart777

Hey guys,This might be a dumb question, but in doing some AFCAD dirt strips, I installed the AFCAD BGL's into my Addon Scenery/Villages/scenery folder for the scenery addon pack I am doing. Another words, I placed the AFCAD files in the pack instead of in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.Question one; Do AFCAD files have their own scenery bitmaps? or do they use stock Microsoft bitmaps? If they do not, do you need to send others the AFCAD textures? (...and where would they be located)?Question two; Do the AFCAD files need to be deposited into the main Addon Scenery/scenery folder to show up on others computers? or can they be placed in scenery package folders (in the scenery folder of such a package, of course).I have one case where these are not showing up on a Beta testers computer, while mine and a couple of others are doing fine. I can only think that perhaps the ones that do 'have' AFCAD files in their computer already which allow the textures to show.Many thanks for anyones knowledge on this.BillLHC

1. The AFCAD program creates scenery compatible (more or less) with the FS9 BGLCOMP SDK. This scenery uses default textures which are already installed in the user's fs9 folders. It is possible for 3rd party addons to supply modified textures for these. I believe that "airport environment upgrade" does this for instance.2. Files created by the AFCAD program must be placed in an active scenery area folder with a higher priority than the default AP9 files. There is nothing special about the "addon scenery" scenery area, except that it is automatically installed and made active at the highest priority when FS9 is installed. Thus, advising users to install "AFCAD" files in this scenery area can be expected to work with the least effort by the user. Users with more experience/knowledge of scenery installation will move any "AFCAD" files to their personal preferred locations. the only exception is certain files with look to the AFCAD program (and related "AFCAD finders") like "AFCAD files" but really aren't. These often have to be installed in certain locations. Search on Jim Vile in the library for some of his "active ils" and look at his "readme" files for info on this.scott s..

Guest lionheart777

Many thanks Scott,Brilliantly ansered by the way.BillLHC