Sign in to follow this  
Guest andy58

Creating Photo Realistic Scenery

Guest karsten77

Hello,i try to add some PR-Scenery to my Hometown Rheine, Ger, EDXE, using MS

Guest luissa

Hello,I did not look to the attached files but you say that your bitmap spans a 500 meter x 500 meter square (am I correct?). If that is so, you will not generate a valid BGL because the bitmap should cover at least ONE Lod13 quad. Because the Lod13 quad, at your region, is about 1km by 1km, I suspect that this is what causes your error.Regards, Luis

Guest karsten77

Hmm sry, but i don

Guest karsten77

Ok, i tryed it with an sqare of 16xx meters, and i did well^^Some finetuning needed, but the next Problem is the "Water".Why are the black fields in the bmp files show as water, and how can i do to avoid that?I think i had to remove or chance the alpha channel? But how can i do that?

If you put your image in targa format 24 bit plus 8 bit alpha and edit the targa format in your graphics program. The alpha should be just black 0 or white 255. In the sdk the imagetool can convert the targa format to DXT1 format with mipmaps which is used in FS9.Otherwise there is a tool called DXTBmp which can extract the alpha data to a grayscale image which you could more simply edit perhaps if your graphics software doesn't edit alpha easily. Then add the alpha back into your image.DXTBmp is here:http://fly.to/mwgfx/scott s..

Guest andy58

>Ok, i tryed it with an sqare of 16xx meters, and i did>well^^>>Some finetuning needed, but the next Problem is the "Water".>>Why are the black fields in the bmp files show as water, and>how can i do to avoid that?>>I think i had to remove or chance the alpha channel? But how>can i do that? >>Thats not the problem you have.You need to use the destination directives ....... NorthLat etc. to crop the scenery to the LOD boundary, and set UseSourceDimensions = 0, see example below. I think it's covered in Creating Terrain in the SDK.The dimensions need to be at least .02 inside the boundary of your source image for LOD 13.If that does not fix the problem, or not all the stadium is displayed, your source image may need to cover a larger area.Andy[DESTINATION]DestDir = "." DestBaseFileName = "NEW"UseSourceDimensions = 0 <<<

If I were you I would useDXTBmp and Photo Scenery Maker ;-)

Guest andy58

Or Elrond Elvish's FSResampleTool from here on Avsim. But it's handy to know how to work with a batch and inf file all the same, and he's just about there.Andy