Sign in to follow this  
kjb

LWMviewer shuts down on me

Guest Dominique

Jim ?Exploring your V2 and doing the quick start.Autoload brings the "Mapviever for 2004 has met a problem and must close blah blah blah" (actually it's in French on my 'puter).Any clues ? Should LMWviever be somewhere in particular or in the same folder with some other program ? Also, I can bring up the mesh but not zoom out that much, the screen getting blank.

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Having the mesh disappear after a certain height was by design. In the version I'm working on right now, that height is raised to 100,000m ASL and then the view stops going up, so you never get a blank screen.If you're getting a crash on autoload, it could be one of a few things. The most likely is that one of the files it's loading is bad and/or unrecognised. There are a few things you can do to try and narrow down which one it is. Start by disabling various categories of files from autoloading; objects are a particular memory-hog anyway, but try switching off the others one by one. That should narrow it down to one class of file.Then, try the same with any custom scenery you've got. It's a process of elimination really. If you can work out which file it is that's causing the problem, please let me know and ideally provide a copy of the file so I can take a look and fix the bug.Thanks,Jim

Jim,That is an amazing program you've got there. I've had it for a while, but really hadn't done much but look. This past month I spent a little time doing things with it and couldn't stop.I did get a crash when I moved a default tank object. I'd moved several others without a problem, but this one caused a problem for some reason.I can't wait to see your new version. Good job!Kevin