Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Photo Scenery Maker help needed

Hello,I would like to know in Photo Scenery Maker 1.2.4 in the Project Property which refers to the coordinates tab it asks for North ,south ,east and west for the bit map boundaries.How do I get this information and at what points(example the left corner or top right corner middle top etc..?) should I be taking these values?Also, any other tips on this program and I mean any would be helpful.IMHO,With so many easy ways to get photos of the earths surface I just can't believe that everyone isn't trying to figure out or is trying to produce photo scenery. Maybe its the fact, it is hard to install into the sim?

There are a couple of ways to calibrate, including the NW/SE coordinates or two points within the photo. If you get the photo from USA Photo Maps, you can find the points easily. See http://www.fs2004.com/kb/idx.php/0/022/art...a22a5916319e9a2 for a tutorial.Probably the cleanest way to install is to create a new directory for the scenery. Photo Scenery Maker will create the scenery and texture subdirectories for the bgl and bmp files. After it's done, just add the scenery area in FS9 and then restart FS9.I did El Paso, TX http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=88100 this way. Of course, getting the ground textures in is just a first step. It takes a long time to re-align airports, add buildings and autogen etc.

Kib,Thanks for the links an from the looks of it you know what you are talking about.