Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Airport Field

Guest cjdunk

Hey, hope this is the right place for this..I decided to fix up my local airport (1c5) because the Microsoft scenery does it a great injustice. I've already done an exclude of the autogen and default airport objects (and I will put them in more accurate places later), but the grassy area only extends to the default area. My question is, how to I edit the airport background?Below is a picture of what it looks like now in FS9 and what I want it to look like (done in photoshop)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152624.jpgThanks in advance, I hope to have a better representation of my local airport!

With a tool such as SBuilder you can remove, change, resize or replace the airport polygon. There is a tutorial on my website www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk which shows how this can be done using SBuilder.I am sure that it can be done with other tools as well but I am not that familiar with them

Guest cjdunk

Hey Jon, love your site! Lots of tutorials, utilities and stuff. Thanks for sharing, I'm definately gonna visit that site routinely during my scenery builds!However...where can I find PolyView? Charlie

ThanksDo a search for Polyview in the Avsim file library - it is there :-)

Guest cjdunk

Oh..right...I searched everywhere BUT the Avsim library. How can I expect to be smart enough to do scenery design? J/KLooks like I've got some studying to do...again, your tutorials are excellent for this!

:-) Good luck - it takes a while to get started but there is a lot of help here and other places so just ask away.