Sign in to follow this  
scruffyduck

Problems excluding objects

Guest rustybronco

I tried using FSSC, but I'm getting nowhere. I go to scenery propertiesand fill out all the correct dimensions, have all the exclusions checked, than right click exclusion, put in the correct L&L, name it, save it, and export, and it's still there. Any suggestions? By the waywhere is this EXCBuilder2? I can't seem to find where to download it.

Guest rustybronco

Thanks for the link. I tried to download it from the file library but it wouldn't download. It's download now, but I downloaded Airport for Windows, and then deleted it, and my computer seems to think it's still there, and tries to find a file for it when I execute EXCBuilder2. I get it to come up, but it comes up with a thing saying, please define"bglcomp.exe" location from "settings" or you will not be able to generate .bgl files. Will it still work or will I have to fix this problem?

If you haven't, you'll need to install bglcomp.exe from the FS2004 SDK. Normally it is installed at "C:Program FilesFS2004SDKBGLCOMP_SDK". If you don't have it, you can grab it here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspAfter you've installed it, start ExcBuilderV2 and enter the location of bglcomp in settings.

Guest rustybronco

Ok done that, now how do I use EXCBuilder? Say I want to exclude the Sears Tower, I would Get the L&L for NW and SE, than exclude all objects, or buildings, than generate source code, than save source and generate .bgl? Anything I'm missing, or am I all set? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to screw things up. Thanks for the info

I don't use EXCBuilder 2 but the principle is as you describe. I think it is explained in the manual but the easiest way to set up an exclusion rectangle is to use your aircraft position.Get into top down view and slew mode and zoom in so you can see the object /area you want to excludeMake sure you are facing NORTH - press the space bar to do that - exclusion rectangles are just that - they are aligned to lat/lon lines and won't work if the top left values are below or to the right of the bottom right ones - and this could happen if you are not facing north.Move your plane to top left of the object to be removed and click top left (I think that is how it is done in EXCBuilder. Then nove to bottom right and select that in the the program. I seem to recall you can then tell the program to create the exclude as a bgl for you.Put the exclude bgl in the scenery sub folder of you scenery and provided that is above the scenery containing the object in the scenery list then the object should be excluded and not appear.