Sign in to follow this  
Guest robystar

Strange object

Guest Jos

Hi,A friend of mine encounters following problem. A strange object can be seen: see coordinates on screenshot. He runs FS002.He installed the add-ons for Florida:Fll, a landclass scenery;Jacksonville v2;Keyw (Key West);Marathon (KMTH);St Augustine;St Pete V4 (St petersburg);West PB (West palmbeach).Has someone got the same problem ?Thanks. Jos

Guest robystar

Hi,I am the one that encounters this problem.I first encountered this object a few days ago, but forgot to take screenshots. Trying to see it again after restarting FS, failed.Only yesterday, flying from Key West NAS northward I saw it again although a bit different from the first time, but in the same spot.Is this a practical joke from someone that made the add-ons? Is it a quirk in my graphics card? Or is it an Easter egg?Below a screen shot closer up.Robystarhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/152944.jpg

Looks like a fault in the atltiude data or a fault in a flatten to me. Have you tried to disable some of the addons to see which one is causing the problem?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

At that height, it's probably a waypoint that has gone wrong. Check your afcads.George

Guest robystar

Hi,Can you explain what you mean George?Roby

In FS2004, one can create dummy afcads at a great height and have AI do aborted landings simulating waypoints. However, in FS2002, if an afcad is created over the sea at a great height, you will see the mesh rising to the airport height.George

But Fs2004 AFCADs do not work in Fs2002 anyway, as they have a completely different format. It might be good to check, but it will more likely cause a crash than this effect I think.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest robystar

Hi,To end all controversy on the subject: I made an AFCAD airport at 8000 ft and over the sea, east of W Palm Beach.Surprise! Nothing crashes, no mesh going 8000 ft up, no airport shows up and no strange monolith either. Just the sky above and the sea 8000 ft below. Can't help it.It is no big deal all this. I thought it funny to show and was curious to know how it happened to be there just out of the blue.roby