Sign in to follow this  
scott967

AFCAD2 work not appearing in FS2004

Guest oscarcat

The subject says it all!I'm a complete beginner to this fascinating aspect of simming. I've only just mastered the process of installing some of ProjectAI's official file packages into FS9 - to many a very simple process, but to an absolute newbie it's as scary as receiving a tax return query! It was as a consequence of finding some AI planes parked in the middle of buildings that I was advised to enter into the world of AFCAD.I've made a couple of very simple alterations to two small airports as a experiment. I can lock AFCAD2 to FS and so on and creating extra parking and a piece of new apron seems to have been done satisfactorily. The trouble is that, after saving the changes in AFCAD, none of them show up in FS when that is closed and opened. I've made sure Addon scenery is clicked, closed and opened FS9 ad infinitum but the changes made do not show in FS9. The files do not appear in the addon scenery window of FS9. The only thing I can see there are some downloaded AFCADs which appear in folders. The changes do show up when I re-open AFCAD2 but I just can't figure out where I've gone wrong. I need to be guided by the hand with this one please!! O

OK if you have made alterations to existing airfields then you won't see anything in the Addon Scenery Window of FS. AFCAD2 files are normally stored in the folder Addon Sceneryscenery which is part of your FS setup. The file will normally be called AF2_XXXX.bgl where XXXX is the airport code. If you can find your AFCAD file in there then you have successfully created it and you will need to go to the airport itself in FS to check out whether the changes are there or not. I presume that you loaded the stock airport in AFCAD first and made your modifications to that. That is the generally accepted way of doing it. A New AFCAD is usually only created when a new airfield is being designed which is not currently in FS.If the changes that you made do not appear in the airport but you can find the AF2 file then there is a different problem. You might want to try doing something obvious like adding a new runway to the modified AFCAD and seeing if that appears. You can always remove it once you know that things are getting updated.

Also when you go to "create a flight" and location, you should be able to select your airport, and then you should be able to see all your new parking spots as start locations.scott s..