Sign in to follow this  
Guest RollerBall

Afcad Background image

Guest jasonlg3d

I'm new to scenery design, but an old hat at 3d modeling. I'm wanting to revamp my home airport of KRVS. I've gotten an image that shows the top down layout of the airport, which does not match up with fs2k4 data. So I've learned how to use afcad.My question:Can you place a background image into afcad to use as a template for laying out the airport? If not, is there another way to do this?

>Can you place a background image into afcad to use as a>template for laying out the airport? No

You can't load the background image, but you can use FSUIPC to link AFCAD to FS9. If you're doing photo scenery, then you'll have your background image via FS9 and can slew to points to accurately place your aprons, taxiways, etc.

Guest jasonlg3d

Sigh,I'm not doing photoscenery so I think I'll try using google earth to place my points as accurate as possible. Thanks for the quick replys. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon.

In a round about way, you could get the background photo setup in Sbuilder, then use FSUIPC as a link throung FS 9 to position into AFCAD. If that makes any sense.You'd be using three programs inter-connected to get the job accomplished.

Put your background image into SGX and do your layout. I find it is good as a final step to load the SGX airport into AFCAD and fine-tune the positions.Here's an example of using a google earth bitmap under the default LIRF airport in SGX:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154145.jpgan advantage of SGX is that you can also move the visual objects at VORs, terminals, taxisigns, etc.scott s..

Guest RollerBall

Or use ScenGenX which is much more versatile than AFCAD (albeit a bit less user friendly) and allows you to load a background bmp.