Sign in to follow this  
saabpilot

Importing scenery into FSX demo

Guest christiand

Salut LuisThanks for your comments.No, all the textures are DXT1 format. So I will try and convert to DDS..But in this case I don't understand why the day textures are visibles.... A FSX secret... hiChristian

Guest christiand

I converted the night texture to the DDS format. Nothing, no improvement...But now I am sure that FSX loads the night textures of a Scasm Objet,however the luminosity (ex : windows...) is not shown...:-hmmm :-hmmm Christian

Guest christiand

The night textures of a FSDS v3 objet are invisible too .FSDS v3 produces an XML objet according the SDK recommandations.So I think that this problem comes from the FSX demo ;-)...Chris

Guest RollerBall

Like you I copied over 'missing' Scenery files from FS9 to get the whole world into the FSX Demo. All the Cities and airports loaded but the terrain was black. I also copied over my FS9 AI traffic bgl and aircraft and the AI system worked fine. I also installed a version of my Kai Tak scenery that was made in ScenGenX and uses a mixture of library objects and SCASM macros created in EOD with bmp textures. With some reservations it seemed to be compatible and all the SCASM objects were visible although I didn't check night textures. I experienced weird building crashes though as was the case with FS2004 and 'earlier version' sceneries.Not all of the default library objects are present in the FSX Demo but a quick scenery made with a few I have found in XML using BglComp worked fine.I swapped one of the AI powerboats for the carrier just as you would an AI aircraft in FS2004 and I had dozens of AI carriers zooming around the bay all with wakes, moving, stopping and turning.I have created and uploaded elsewhere an FSX static add-on Carrier scenery with AI traffic. I located the GUID for the FSX carrier by disassembling the appropriate scenery bgl and then using it to build the scenery in ScenGenX. I found on my PC and another that I tested the scenery on before uploading that unlike FS2004, an ocean flatten was not necessary as there seemed to be no problem with the FSX water mesh. However, one of the first people to download and install the scenery had a problem similar to what we always got in FS2004 ie the water climbing up the sides of the carrier except in FSX it makes land first to create an 'island' before doing the same. However, use of an ocean flatten solved the probelm just as it did in FS2004.I've found that if you create sceneries using the CargoA, the Cruise LinerA and the Supertanker (no textures in the Demo) with BglComp or ScenGenX, you automatically get the birds swooping in a flock over each vessel. Again, there are no bird textures in the Demo unfortunately.It'll be interesting to see how designers will be able to properly use all these different facets of FSX - especially AI road, water and animal traffic (if animals are AI). Looks like it will be possible once we've got the SDKs and understand the techniques to create some extraordinary sceneries.

Hi guys,Anyone has got their old night textures to show up in FSX yet ?Daytime no problem with DXT-1 but a xxxx_lm.bmp DXT-1 will not work at all.Bjorn