Sign in to follow this  
GeirG

Gardemoen airport (Oslo) problem

Hi. I wonder if anyone can offer a solution to the following. I downloaded & installed the ENGM file from the ASVSIM library (usdgard_11.zip) - also at http://hem.passagen.se/cybwor/gardemoenus.htmThere are some nice features, but as it stands it is unuseable on my system, since the runways, as seen from the cockpit, 'roll' back as you advance along them - disappear, that is to say, revealing the ground texture underneath.Don't suppose there's a quick fix for this? Nothing I do with AFCAD2 makes any difference. Thanks,Martin

From my scenery hacking and looking at other addons this is the results of an elevation problem, associated with any flatten.I had one lingering situation like this and it got down to 1/1000 of a meter to make the shimmering or as you call it rollback disappear.

the basic airport layout is SCASM (FS2k2) style and I'm not sure it can be fixed without going into the SCASM files and changing things.scott s..

I tried moving the elevation, but that didn't help. I could try editing the bgl with scasm, but I don't think it would be worth the time - I found an alternative airport scenery now too, which also looks good.Thanks for the replies,Martin

Thanks for the tip: in fact, I have the Norway airports package installed already, as well as 'Norway_Scenic', Norway Cities & 38m terrain mesh. I had disbaled the Norway airports Gardemoen in favour of the one-off file, but see that I was best all round in keeping the former.I've never been to Norway, but with all the FS add-ons, certainly feel as if I have!Thanks again for the reply,Martin :-)