Sign in to follow this  
Guest hinch

photo scenery questions :)

Guest hinch

hi there,i've pieced together quite a large map at 3000x3000pixels and downloaded photoscenery maker. i gave the program a try with a small 256pixel area but i kept getting 'resolution too high' errors. i had even adjusted the size to make the 4metres per pixel resolution fs requires, but i still get the same error.so a few questions; from the above can you see if i am doing anything wrong? i have a 3000pixel wide bitmap from 2800ft - how can i scale this to be 4metres per pixel, i can't figure the trigonometry (it's been a while...)? and lastly, is it possible to use this massive bitmap as one without cutting it all up?thanks, hinch

It sounds like you need to calibrate it with known coordinates for two points. You don't have to resize the image. You can use images that are much larger than 3000x3000. The one I'm doing now was 15200x14400 and it worked with no problems.

Guest hinch

>It sounds like you need to calibrate it with known>coordinates for two points. You don't have to resize the>image. You can use images that are much larger than 3000x3000.>The one I'm doing now was 15200x14400 and it worked with no>problems.hi there - thanks for the info i am much pleased! my 3000x3000 is only a trial, i also plan to go up to 15000! i am unsure however what you mean by calibrating with 2 points - could you please explain a little further? this is new to me ;)

The third menu item is calibration. Under that you'll find different options for how you want to calibrate it. You can use two points, where you'll click on point #1 and enter its lat/lon then do the same for point #2. Another option is to enter the N, S, E & W points for the bitmap. You can use the bitmap boundaries here if they're accurate. Either method will work. The more accurate you are with placement, the better the results should work with the underlying mesh...hopefully :)After you've calibrated, Photoscenery Maker should show a grid with the tiles as they'll show in FS9. Under File/Project Properties you can tell it how much of the bitmap to use so that white borders are not generated. You might tell it to start 80 pixels from the left and go to 2800 pixels for the right edge. A yellow line will show the boundaries you picked so you can verify that you're only using the part of the photo that you want.

Guest hinch

thanks for your help, i will have a play later when i am home - though i may be back with more questions ;)