Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Question about getting Lat and Long correct for G2k and Sbuild

Guest Lucky

Hi allI have been doing alot of project where the ground id so uneven that the grid I place is all up and down with the terrain, making correct lat and long placement allot more trying and time consumingI thought about this before but due to procrastination , well you know how it is.I thought about flattening the area within the grid turns out perfectly straight for my screenshot, hopefully making the process of aquiring the lat and long locations for my project much easier.Will this work or is there a better way.Right now i doing Cranbrook BC and its up and down like a toilet seat .Thanks Alhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Hello Al,If you are trying to determine the precise extents of LOD areas, then you may want to try LODcalc by Richard Marklew. It is in the library.Simply enter the coordinates of a point within the LOD quadrant and LODcalc will return the extents of any LOD level.Best regards.Luis

Hello Al,Didn't one of Dick Ludowise's tools do that? Or was that just the custom terrain numbers that were returned?I don't know that I have ever done this by slewing over terrain. Instead, I load the land class in some program and read it from there. You could use TMFViewer for that, but I use Jim Keir's LWMViewer 2.Best regards.Luis