Sign in to follow this  

FS 2002 Pro Instrument checkride??!?!?

Hi everyone - looks like an amazing group of aviation enthusiasts, and those of us who are not computer-savvy cannot thank you enough for the extras & goodies you offer!I am having issues with the FS02 Pro instrument checkride, and as I am a pilot, would sure like to think it is the program and not me. Here's the deal - after one circuit on the holding pattern at SEA (140 radial, 3k ft - BTW, you have to do a NON-standard pattern, meaning left turns, it should tell you this but it does not) you are then instructed to proceed to the IAF for BFI 13R ILS - that's the NOLLA outer marker. Problem is, as soon as I get the instructions, dial up the new frequencies & dial in the OBS for the IAF while turning to the NOLLA marker - it fails me. There's no explanation, no nothing. :-/Anybody out there who passed this thing that can give me a hand??? If I'm just being stupid, let me know - I promise to get an early BFR!!!!!-Corr

:7 BUMP :7Anybody passed this thing? Am I going crazy???

Hi Corr,Here's a successful walkthrough (errr..flythrough :-)) for you:http://members.chello.at/matthias.holzer/instrument_e.htmFor those of you doing other checkrides, here's the top of the page:http://members.chello.at/matthias.holzer/licence-e.htmIf you don't have the approach plate, here it is:http://home.cfl.rr.com/pastrychef2/FS2002/BFI_ILS_13R.jpgHave fun,PamThis space intentionally left blank.

Guest GalacticCowboy

Something that was mentioned in the ATP tutorial at the site Pam mentioned above may be biting you on this checkride as well.When you fly directly over a VOR (in the "cone of silence") your instruments briefly lose the signal from it. For the checkride, FS2002 interprets this to mean that you have gone beyond the range of the VOR and therefore "out of bounds". Instead, fly slightly to one side of the VOR so that you maintain the signal.Hope this helps.

You guys ROCK!!!!Thank you - I thought I was going nuts. Will try your suggestions.I mean really - I live in Seattle, and fly out of KBFI. This is driving me wonky... -CP :7