Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Bill Lyons Cessna Bobcat voted BEST GA aircraft FS2002

Well -- at least by me!! :)I am a bit surprised that we do not hear more of this aircraft in this forum . It has a certain something about it -- can't really describe it. I think the external model could look better , the VC is kind of OK, the 2d panel is very good and the sounds are great! But , overall, it is one of the few aircraft that makes me feel like I am really flying an aircraft --- not that I would know of course!! Never flown one in my life ! But -- it has that something , which if I fly it for long enough, I start to get images of "Raiders of the Lost Arc", "633 Squadron" , "Dambusters" . After a while, I start to feel like I am starring in my own B grade Hollywood movie.It's a ######y aircraft to fly -- needing a lot of playing with the mixture controls - even at sea level - to get it started and going. So what about it -- who else is flying this oldie? Maybe some of you wannabes flying high speed Falcons,etc should try this one out .Barry

BarryI love Bill Lyons creations for just the reason that his aircraft do have character and that is difficult to achieve in a sim.Peter

To tell the truth, this is the only aircraft I fly. Wouldn't be without it.Ed

jerrycwo4 When you have time, please give us the 'link' to this aircraft so we can find it and I'll put my Falcon 50 in the shop for a wax job.jerry

Guest Moghdad

Thanks for the reminder. I downloaded the Bobcat a while back. I loved the model but it was a frame rate disaster on my old P3 machine. I'll have to give it a try on my new P4 1.8G XP.

Barry, I must have flown the Canuck and the Bobcat the most in my FS2002 simming so far, especially that they are both fantastic in the wild bush out there.

>Thanks for the reminder. I downloaded the Bobcat a while >back. I loved the model but it was a frame rate disaster on >my old P3 machine. I'll have to give it a try on my new P4 >1.8G XP. Can't say I have noticed any problems with framerates with this aircraft on my P3-1000 machine. No more so than any other aircraft anyway.Barry

Barry,Thanks for your post. I agree, there's something about this aircraft which gives the "feeling" of flying. Since I'm not a real life pilot I can only guess about the feeling. I've spent hours in that wonderful vc cabin moving backwards and forwards and side to side. It's enjoyable being a passenger once and a while.Howard

Hi Barry,What a coincidence!"It's a ######y aircraft to fly -- needing a lot of playing with the mixture controls - even at sea level - to get it started and going".......Last night, after several months, I decided to renew my aquaintance with this gem of an aircraft. As you point out it can be a pain to get those two engines fired up and running. I just could not understand why I was having so much trouble nor could I recall experiencing as much difficulty first time around. Then I started leaning the mixture a shade and bingo, all was well! What a relief!Mike :-wave