Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nascar_Perry

Need to Delete Trees and AutoGen

Guest Nascar_Perry

Hello again fellow simmers,I am creating some interesting addons for an Airport that I like to use for testing aircraft out.The problem is the Addon I created with AFCAD 2.21 is located right on top of some trees and Autogen Buildings (one of them a NDB Building).Can someone tell me a very Easy to use (like AFCAD) program I can use to remove those trees and buildings from that Apron.Thanks>>> I have also included a Picture to Show the problem. <<

I think the easiest program would be excbuilderv2. In this program, you use slew mode in the sim, and top down view (click spacebar to force North up in top down view). you slew to the NW corner of a rectangular area where you want to get rid of the objects, and then select that in excbuilder, then do the same at the SE corner. In excbuilder, check all the boxes to exclude all types of objects. Excbuilder can then create the XML format text, and compile it into a bgl file which you can then install into your scenery. Note: to get information from FS9, excbuilder requries a dll module FSConnect.dll, which works like FSUIPC for this purpose. To compile your scenery, you need tthe tools provided in the MS FlightSim 2004 SDK (software developers kit) for BGLCOMP.You can create several exclude files this way, to more closely define the area (though several rectangles) you want to remove the objects in.As an alternative, it requires more work to get up to speed but IMHO much more powerful, you can use LWMViewer and Sbuilder. I have a tutorial in the library that will walk you through doing just what you are trying to do -- airport_terrain_tutorial_v1.zipscott s..

Guest Nascar_Perry

thanks scott,Program works perfectly