Sign in to follow this  
jvile

What Is This and How Do I get Rid Of It? Pic Included.

Hello All, I've been struggling here. I downloaded the great freeware KCVG by Jim Campisi and am having one little problem. At the approach end of RWY09, there is a bar, presumably of lights, that I can't seem to get rid of. I've excluded (with SBuild 2.05, my trusty sidekick) layers 1 through 8 and also a separate exclude of All Objects (box checked). I'm pretty familiar with SBuild and am stumped as to how to remove this object. I don't know why that is happening. Anyway, thanks in advance for the help!-adam

That looks like a localizer aka locan but an exclude should get rid of it. Maybe it is an API macro? I'm not sure if the sbuilder exclude gets rid of APIs (maybe someone else can help).scott s..

Like Scott said it is the default FS9 Localizer antenna. The reason it is in the middle of the runway is because the scenery designer lengthen the runway and did not apply an exclude.The excludeV2 program will remove that type scenery which is a GUID. If you continue to look around there are many additional pieces of scenery in the wrong place including double taxiway signs that also need excluding.

Thanks you all! I'll try excbuilder. I never thought of using it. I even have it downloaded already, just forgot I had it. I'll let you know how it goes.-adam

Well,I tried Exclude 2.0 but to no avail. However, I do recall having this problem before and it was due to setting the size of the exclude area too small (I think). So I went back to SBuild and made the exclusion area a bit bigger while not quite infringing on other scenery and, lo and behold, no more loc beacon. Very odd how that works. I know it must be the size of the box that made the difference. I did nothing differently in SBuild except change the exclude size and it worked. Whaddaya know? Anyway, thanks for the help everyone. Now, back to adding all (well, within reason) the parking to the concourses and properly naming the gates. -adam

Adam The reference Lat/Lon does not have to be right on the center of the GUID. In some cases it takes experimenting to find where the ref is located. This is also seen with taxiway signs and buildings.Some buildings are grouped together by the ref and you have to find the ref to remove a building.

If you study FS9 it becomes clear that a large building is mostly many smaller buildings put together like building blocks with XML coding. In other cases 2 or more buidings in a general vicinity (model mdl) will share the same reference Lat/Lon value. In either case the reference point needed for the exclude to work will not be located on the center point of what we are trying to exclude (unlike a single tree). The Localizer antenna issue that started this thread is attached to the checkerboard antenna building that sits off to the side. To exclude the Localizer antenna sitting on the runway one must also incase the building with the exclude rectangle.When you see a building you want to remove with the exclude rectangle, I suggest to slew your user plane inside the building and take a look around. Sometimes it will help to identify which is the building that all the other smaller buidings are attached to.