Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

question about ground textures

Want to change the default airport ground textures in FSX from EHAM...Where can the info be found of which texture is used the Amsterdam bgl file tmf viewer don't read that file?Thanks for your help in advance,Kind regards,Andr

André

Hi Andre,What you do mean with the airport ground texture? Do you mean the texture on the aprons and taxiways or the texture placed on the ground (mesh) around the airport?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>Hi Andre,>>What you do mean with the airport ground texture? Do you mean>the texture on the aprons and taxiways or the texture placed>on the ground (mesh) around the airport?Thanks Arno I'm after a few things and maybe you could point me to the right direction...- I want to change the ground textures (mesh)- I want to read the BGL files (do you need to decompile and after change compile the stuff here?)Thanks for your help on my first steps to discover scenery design, as for graphics and aircraft design have a lot of experience in FS :-lol But want to change the default EHAM with a freeware update with payware quality or better :-lol...Because most of the 3d objects are in place...Thanks in advance and really appreciated your help,Back to some SDK reading for me ;-)Andr

André

Hi Andre,For most changes you will not have to decompile and re-compile stuff. With excludes and higher priority of new BGL files you should be able to do most things you want.If you want to change the texture of the mesh have a look at the terrain SDK and the resample tool. With this tool you can for example place an aerial photo on the mesh. Another option to change the texture type is updating the landclass.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

>Hi Andre,>>For most changes you will not have to decompile and re-compile>stuff. With excludes and higher priority of new BGL files you>should be able to do most things you want.>>If you want to change the texture of the mesh have a look at>the terrain SDK and the resample tool. With this tool you can>for example place an aerial photo on the mesh. Another option>to change the texture type is updating the landclass.>>Thanks Arno, is there also a way to see which texture is used on the defaul mesh?Andr

André

>Hi Andre,>>For most changes you will not have to decompile and re-compile>stuff. With excludes and higher priority of new BGL files you>should be able to do most things you want.>>If you want to change the texture of the mesh have a look at>the terrain SDK and the resample tool. With this tool you can>for example place an aerial photo on the mesh. Another option>to change the texture type is updating the landclass.>>Thanks but is there another way like to have a sharp texture resolution anybody?Andr

André

>Thanks Arno, is there also a way to see which texture is used>on the defaul mesh?Open the worldlc.bgl file using the TmfViewer tool from the Terrain SDK.-Doug

Guest mogul

>>Thanks Arno, is there also a way to see which texture is>used>>on the defaul mesh?>>Open the worldlc.bgl file using the TmfViewer tool from the>Terrain SDK.>>-DougDougAfter you use the viewer to see what land class is used in a area how would you change it from say "arid desert" to "cool conifer forest" to update the landclass.what I want to do is change the area east of salt lake city UT. to a more forested land class like what is in Idaho which would match real sceneryBrent

Hi All:Certainly there will be others here that can better answer your questions than I, but in case they are busy right now and you want to look into this more over the weekend, may I suggest looking into Jim Keir's excellent LWMViewer V1.3 and LWMViewer v2.0 utilities at: http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/index.html.I havent dabbled with these recently, but I understand they are a part of one's essential toolkit along with the SDK's and their respective tolls and utilites. In the case of LWMViewer v2.0 (if you have the appropriate Shader 2.0 minimum capable video card), I understand one can modify landclass, move scenery objects etc.; potentially a true juggernaut in the FS world if we can just get Jim to work on it more for FS9, port it over to FSX, and write an even more detailed manual that caters to us newbies ;-) (I'm still a bit confused, and have had to set it aside numerous times!).Probably when cabin fever sets in this fall, I'll get ready for another ascent to the mountainous heights of scenery design... hopefully this time in FSX with newly updated tools!PS: Hey Jim: any hope for an FSX version BTW?Hope this helps!:-)GaryGB

You cannot just change a landclass pixel. A new landclass bgl would need to be made corresponding to the area you wish to change. Please see the Terrain SDK tools and documentation included with FSX Deluxe.-Doug

>>Thanks Arno, is there also a way to see which texture is>used>>on the defaul mesh?>>Open the worldlc.bgl file using the TmfViewer tool from the>Terrain SDK.>>-DougThanks Doug already using the TMFviewer which related to the Olsen table ...But is there also a reference table olsen landclass > texturesI can lookup the region the grid and even the scenery...But looking for the relation which texture (0******.bmp) for example is used in the A region and the landclass table...Thanks guys appreciated... Andr

André