Sign in to follow this  

What do YOU expect for FS2004?

-Main and tail rotor failures for choppers!!-Aircraft system failures if you don't handle the aircraft right(failures without instructor's interaction)...say overheadted engies that blow or just die... smokes from engines : startup, engine fire, old engine...-FU3 like water drops on glareshield -bumpmapped water (a'la LO-MAC)-all runways ATC functional, depending on weather-functional VCs-taxiway signs!-higher terrain accuracy for at least Europe (would be nice for the whole globe) ,since I find it much worse quality than US terrain.-FMCs for Boeings- ...and a vintage jukebox in every aeroplane ;-)

...and you cannot even land on them :PP...but i've tryed so hard...I just drop throught the surface :(

...XP yeah, and you will have to activate it as WinXP :)...if you change ur GFX card or a joystick the counter will go: BYTE activates=3;void function OnStartupDetectSystemChanges(){ BOOL bNewGFXCard=FALSE, bNewHDD=FALSE; ... ... if ((bNewGFXCard)||(bNewHDD)) activates--; if (activates==0) screwupComputer(); ... ...}:-) .....whatever...

I also don't get this approach plate request. If there is no radar - you have to use self navigation with approach plates. You can do it today as well. But you need approach plates and because of copyright issues don't think FS2004 will be providing those (I don't think they would want to provide 15,000 aprroach plates).As to ATC, I doubt they will ever match the accuracy of RC product. If you are really after accurate ATC - you owe it to yourself to get it.They could, on the other hand, for a change, give us much better looking and more accurate aircraft panels. The current panels are a joke - you are forced to use 3-rd part stuff. The situation is bordering on ridiculous that something that is called flight simulator has everything but well simulated aircraft.Michael J.

Nice ideas sfeldi, FU3 has some great weather droplet effects. I believe PROFLIGHT2000 uses runways by the weathercondition. I have it and it is a great program. i wish that would be incorporated into fs2k4.Another wish is to change alt. if there are coulds or turb. at current. alt. Moses

>>Hey Pete, does X-Plane have alot of framerate hits? I doubt >it, but yet thier type of autogen is better than FS2k2. I never heard of X-plane until I joined this sight upon buying FS2k2.I've never played that game.>>Well...you are right with the callsigns, it will be alot of >callsigns, but what you can do is to make it easier for some >people to add by putting the root words or phrases >seperatly. >>Regards, >Moses Thanks for the infoPete

You are welcome pete! Go check out some screenshots of X-Plane, it is a great sim.!!Moses

People asking silly questions about what they want to see in FS2004. When that sim gets released, it wont include everything that everyone wanted, and six months after release someone will ask, "What is your wish list for FS2006"?

Guest Milio_B

Yeah, but so what?Dreaming is free, ain't it? :)

>smokes from engines : startup, This at least is already in the sim. The Cessnas, The Vought, The Extra 300, The biplane, and I think but not sure, the baron 58>-bumpmapped water (a'la LO-MAC) Yeah sure. And increase the frame hit 10 fold. Whats LO-MAC? Sounds like a rip off of the security system.>->-higher terrain accuracy for at least Europe (would be nice >for the whole globe) ,since I find it much worse quality >than US terrain. The current quality was set to keep disk space to a minimum. If you want better quality, your looking at a 10gig game even with just a 20% increase terrain mesh detail.

>People asking silly questions about what they want to see in >FS2004. When that sim gets released, it wont include >everything that everyone wanted, and six months after >release someone will ask, "What is your wish list for >FS2006"? LOLCompletely agree. But I admit its a bit fun shooting down people's ridiculous dreams.Pete

yup :) ..of course we wont get it all, maybe just some 1% of all our wishes will come true...is FS would be near perfect, there would be no new version.. and ....you know then...

>-smokes from engines : startup, >This at least is already in the sim. The Cessnas, The Vought, The >Extra 300, The biplane, and I think but not sure, the baron 58OK, you are probably right, I wasnt watchfull enough, gonna recheck>-bumpmapped water (a'la LO-MAC) >Yeah sure. And increase the frame hit 10 fold. Whats LO-MAC? Sounds >like a rip off of the security system.On todays computer maybe, however GF3/4 do nice job with that. It is fast!...and in 2004 I dont think most of us will use todays hardware... :)>-higher terrain accuracy for at least Europe (would be nice >-for the whole globe) ,since I find it much worse quality >-than US terrain. >The current quality was set to keep disk space to a minimum. If you >want better quality, your looking at a 10gig game even with just a >20% increase terrain mesh detail.I know, it takes a lot of space. However today you can buy a 60GB HDDin 2004 it might already be 200GB (for todays price of 60GB hdd)...so I think there is no problem with that...>Whats LO-MAC?eh... LO-MAC is pasta with cheese .... :(

Hey I dont wanna make trouble here, but I find it funny that sometimes people reffer to it as a 70$ game the other time a 70$ sim...that classification seems to depend on the context anyway Don I didnt meant to offend you with this post, this is just my observation...I dont really care what it is a game or sim... as long as it flyesrealtively well...