Sign in to follow this  

What do YOU expect for FS2004?

Hey Pete, what's up with your attitude? Who made you the Microsoft God to say all these dreams are stupid and should be shot down? Sure, Adding traffics on roads would have an effect on fps in FS 2002, however don't you think Microsoft are working on and finetuning the graphics engine for the upcoming version? I'm pretty sure they are...

1. Holding patterns and actual separation in approaches (no more "everyone race to the runway, first one there wins!") :-)2. In-flight emergency reporting to ATC with ATC vectors to nearest suitable airport with top priority (put all other approaching planes into holding patterns)3. Voice recognition would be nice for ATC communication4. Bring back the concorde (now that it's flying again)5. FSS for VFR flights.6. More complete VFR ATC procedures.7. Cumulative damage: Damage in flights is saved with the aircraft. Aircraft must be repaired at an appropriate repair facility at an airport.8. Aging aircraft: Aircraft must be maintained at repair/maintenance facilities to maintain reliability. Planes not properly maintained may become prone to certain age-related failures such as stalling piston-prop engines(with ability to restart), complete engine failure, stuck flaps/landing gear, etc.9. Temperature affects aircraft more: If a cessna sits in -30 degree temperatures with the engines off, it should be harder to start the engine (longer cranking time, proper fuel management to prevent flooding (if piston-powered engines can flood like car engines..>))10. Fix the turboprop/jet engine startups/shutdowns... Do jet engines really slowly spool up a certain amount then suddenly leap to life accelerating to vastly faster than idle before settling down to idle? Same with turboprops. Also, should turboprop props be completely free from the turbine? Every turboprop I've seen starting, the prop slowly spools up along with the engine, from the moment the pilot hits the start switch, and can take a while to spin back down... (At least FS2000 had turboprop shutdowns pretty close :) ) Looks to me like they just patched a short spoolup to the FS98 standard jet startup......11. Fix the taxi drag: an aircraft should not come to a stop so quickly when the throttle is reduced to idle.......12. Save the location of every user-controlled plane when FS is closed, or the pilot changes planes. When at an airport, the pilot can only directly change planes to other planes parked at that same airport. An additional function would be added to "dead-head" to another airport, if the pilot wants to use a different plane at a different airport. Newly downloaded aircraft would have to come with a designated starting point, such as Boeing Field for Boeing planes, Airbus's plant for Airbus planes, some small airport for that old used Cessna that was bought from some local pilot, etc. If backwards compatibility is expected, place the plane at a random airport (or ask the user for an airport) when the FS2002-or-earlier plane is imported/converted.13. Improve the weather: Let us see the upcoming bank of clouds, instead of just having clouds magically appear out of nowhere. Improve the turbulence, etc....14.

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

HiAll those mentioned are nice ideas, but what I want to see in FS is more connected to flying and not eye candy!IMHO FS2002 has enough eye candy to get us going. More would mean that we should upgrade our PCs close to the Cray specifications to get descent performance!What I would like to see :1. Proper electrical, pneymatic and hydralic handling.2. OVERHEAD panels for the default a/c in respect to the above.3. PROPER flight models with aircraft flying as they should do.4. A simple FMC for the big jetliners would be nice, at least in the Pro version.5. Those nasty problems with ILS approaches, which bring me to...6. Improved and more accurate autopilot functions.7. Passenger/Cargo/Baggage loading and changes on the CG, ZFW and in general the basic aircraft load & balance variables.8. Improved weather with volumetric clouds and not 2D walls hanging from the sky.9. Connected to the above, slippery rwys when wet or covered with snow. Variable brake performance on the rwy.On the visuals part of FS, it would be nice to have different and appropriate textures for each continent.Also, proper runway and taxiway markings according to width and continent. For example a 45m wide rwy has 4 'piano keys' threshold markings each side of the centerline in USA while there are 6 in Europe for the same rwy width.Terminal textures are dull. They can be improved further.I am not giving too much attention to the visuals part because I consider FS as a platform to build on. There are many very good scenery designers out there that share their work with others and several payware scenery products that do worth the attention and money. If the aircraft flies properly and has it's systems simulated we can create/buy nice visual scenery.The most important things for me concern the simulator itself as stated above. Let's hope that they can hear us...Fly safe!George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

> slippery rwys when wet or covered with snow. Variable brake > performance on the rwy.YES! I had this in my mind also , but forgot to say...another one:...also in FU3 the wake of large jets landing or taking offwould shake, or trip over smaller GA planes if holding short tooclose to active rwy (ie ignoring the hold shot line :( )... that is neat feeling :) :) :) :) :)never experienced that in FS :(...dream on... :(

"The current quality was set to keep disk space to a minimum. If you want better quality, your looking at a 10gig game even with just a 20% increase terrain mesh detail."True, but you can increase the number of textures however and roll the whole lot up in a DVD which will help.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australiahttp://www.fsd-international.com/images/FSD_beta_tester.jpg[h3] FSD Aircraft "Around the world" flight.Now at MUHA (Jose Marti Intl.) Havana, Cuba[/h3]Intel Celeron 850Tyan Tomcat i815T S2080 SystemBoardG Force 2 MX 400 64Mb VideoProLine CrystalView 17" Monitor512 Mb PC133 SDRAMWindows XP HomeCH Virtual Pilot ProCH Pro PedalsMSFS 2002 Pro full installFSMeteoFSNavigator

Yes but its equally the opposite having to read obnoxious smart a*sed comments such as yours.'Nuff said,Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australiahttp://www.fsd-international.com/images/FSD_beta_tester.jpg[h3] FSD Aircraft "Around the world" flight.Now at MUHA (Jose Marti Intl.) Havana, Cuba[/h3]Intel Celeron 850Tyan Tomcat i815T S2080 SystemBoardG Force 2 MX 400 64Mb VideoProLine CrystalView 17" Monitor512 Mb PC133 SDRAMWindows XP HomeCH Virtual Pilot ProCH Pro PedalsMSFS 2002 Pro full installFSMeteoFSNavigator

fs2002 is amazing for me..just wish the atc / ai was reworked and refined a little,as they have made it infinately more enjoyable..and also,spray coming off wet runways..wet runway textures and last but not least..decent clouds,ones that are convincing and feel alot more real than the ones now!!!

>>8. Concorde! >>Yeah - I never understood why they swapped out the Concorde >for the 747...the POSky 747s are better than the M$ version >anyway ;-) ! >I'm guessing the concorde was removed because the real concordes were grounded after the concorde crash. They may not have even known when (or even *IF*) the concordes would even fly again when the deadline came for finalizing the aircraft..... (I don't know when they officially decided that the real concordes could be fixed and fly again.....)So, they gave us a 747 instead... :-)

14. Lose the Standard/Professional edition stuff.. That only leads to people buying the cheap version and attempting to pirate the extra stuff. Leave it with 1 version for everything. :-)

Hey Moses this is a crap post - and get rid of your signature picture you bandwidth thief.I think after the third bump the whole post should disappear - three bumps and you are out.