Sign in to follow this  
adamant365

Has anyone created lat/long waypoints for the pacific?

Hello, I was looking to begin travelling across the Pacific Ocean in several of my add-ons. I use flightaware.com (for better or worse) to get real-world flightplans for carriers, however, FS9 doesn't seem to have any lat/long waypoints for flight across the pacific. Here's an example flight plan that I would like to fly:VTU5 RZS LIBBO BRINY ALCOA CEPAS COBAD 4100N 14000W 4400N 15000W 4600N 16000W 4800N 17000W 4700N 18000E 4400N 17000E 4100N 16000E ETRON OTR7 PABBA OTR6 KETAR OTR10 ARIESIt's UA899 from 10.19.06, KLAX to RJAA. If there aren't any such user-created waypoints out there, how do some of you all handle trans-pac flying in, say, a certain wonderful 747-400 addon? Thanks for all the help.-adam

Guest archtx

Waypoints are very easy to create. A simple xml file. I'm sorry that I can't give you an example, as I removed my FS2004 harddrive from the computer to make room for a new FSX drive. But it is explained in the SDK if you have it.

Yeah, I understand that I could make the waypoints, but I have had trouble getting my .xml files to work right. Although, I am making a little headway. I'll let you know how it goes.-adam

Well, Once I got the files to work properly, I easily created all lat/long points from 20N 130W through 50N 140E. This is fine for flying from mainland US to Japan/China, etc...Now I amd going to fill in and create waypoints down to 50 South or so. Maybe when I'm done I'll upload the .bgl's. Thanks all.-adam