Sign in to follow this  

World Air Sim American Airlines

I puchased World Sim American Airline at Software ETC in December. The box had a label on it that said it would work with FS2002. When I open the bos I found that it was a FS2000 airplane and no where did it have a patch for FS2002. I checked there web site and found that it will be updated in the future. That was in December. I tried to return the software but they would not take it back because I opened it. I emailed World Air Sim and asked them what was up. The email stated they did not place the label on the box stating it would work with FS2002. To this day there has not been a patch for FS2002 and I have a usless $20 airplane. Did anyone else purchase this product thinking it would work with FS2002? Or does anyone know where there is a patch for this product? It does not appear that there web site has been updated in a long while, are they still in business?David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilotNicepilot@neo.rr.com

Guest fotieno

A word of advise, you may not get alot of people help with world air sim problems. Do a quick search for world air sim or papa tango and you'll see why. The guy who runs both those operations tends to elicit the worse sort of responses in the flight sim community. If flight simming has an EVIL ONE you may have just stumbled upon him.As for your questions, if you cannot return it you may be out of luck Big Time!!!

Guest jase439

Boy, you really know how to pick 'em don't you? :) Congrats - you just stumbled into one of the most fraudulent operations in simming history :) You will go nowhere tring to ping W.A.S, or Papa Tango, or whatever their scam-of-the-day-operation is. Your best bet is to contact a manager at Software ETC and explain the situation - perhaps you can get an in-store credit (in the future, always buy your software at Electronic's Boutique)...if you can't get results that way, hopefully you had presence of mind to buy with a credit-card in which case you can file a fraud claim with the credit card company. They usually act pretty swiftly and as long as you've done your part to correct the situation, they generally find in favor of the customer.If you paid cash...er well...it's $20...don't look back :)J

Interesting ."The email stated they did not place the label on the box stating it would work with FS2002"This is probably true. Why ?It would have placed where ever the box was put together with all it's parts or lack of them. However the label would only have been placed under orders from Tishma. (the wording would be one of Tishma leading legal council I've no doubt)It may be of use to note that in the UK, ALL of Tishma's products have been removed from the shelves as (and I quote) "defective". Or in real speak, they dont do what it says on the box, nor were they ever designed for 2002. Simply put..they are a scam.If I remember correctly, there was speak that Tishma blamed Microsoft for releasing FS2002 as a different package to the beta versions, believe it or not.I suggest you contact the designer Sandro Bernadini (for the 757, 767 and 146 models)ask him if he has updated the model. For the panel assuming again it's the 757 767 models these were created from PSS.As said, stay well away from Tishma.Be aware of the following brands and namesGeorge DoxeyBob HaleArianeWASPapa TangoCW2Corperate WordwideAll these are his and should be avoided like the plauge. A crook, thief and a bully are some of the kinder words I could use to describe Peter Tishma.George

>The email stated they did not place the label on the box stating >it would work with FS2002. That is bloody outrageous!

isn't this the same person who tried to put a copyright on "flight simulation" as the inventor ? Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Toni Rauch

DavidIn answer to your original question (or one of them), World Air Simulation definately IS out of business. The company using World Air Sim as a brand name, along with others mentioned above by George Abrahams, was finally put into receivership by the Courts here in the UK last month. Earlier this month, Peter Tishma appealed to the Court to overturn it's earlier ruling, and lost - big time.It had to happen eventually. ...What you sew, so shall you reap..."You lost $20 of your (presumably) hard-earned money. You have my sympathy.But spare a thought for all those creditors, amoungst whom are many very talented FS designers running small businesses (self-employed 'one-man-bands' etc.) who lost considerably more at the hands of Peter Tishma.Toni.

Guest C17SimGuy

I've searched all over for Sandro Bernardini, (Sweet 757!) but I can't find him or any of his planes anywhere! Anybody know where to find him?thx!-drew

Guest Scott Campbell

David,Wow. I feel for you that you didn't know about PT.The fact is Software Etc is a bottom-of-the-line store in that they pretty much never accept returns for any reason. What I would do is take the box and plastic and label and print out this thread and show the manager, and ask why this stuff is even still on the shelves. If they still won't give you a refund, tell tham you'll go to your local newspaper with all the above and prominently mention the store location and manager's name. That usually works. ;-) If nothing else, you can always write to the SE HQ (found on the web) and forward pics and text of all the above.However, since all this took place in December, you're probably out of luck. So you will have to contact all the included items authors and see if you can get individual updates.

David,I had the same problems. Actually, there is a very simple fix to the PSS 757 panel that you can do yourself. Email me at Milos_Kovacevic@hotmail.com and I'll send you a fixed panel.cfg that will allow you to use the panel and all the views. Also, you should create a folder with the path Program filesMicrosoft GamesFS2000pilots and put any FS2002 flightplans (*pln files) that you want to use for the FMC in there. That way you will be able to load flightplans into the FMC. I'm not sure if the save function works, haven't really tried it. At the very least you will be able to load flightplans created with the default FS2002 flight planner into the FMC (assuming you copy them over from the FS2002flightsmyflights folder into the new folder descrived above). I also have occasional problems with VNAV and LNAV, but otherwise the panel can be used in FS2002. The 757 model works fine in FS2002 without any updates and looks great. In fact, I just uploaded an LTU repaint here at avsim (D-AMUG.zip). I know this probably not the greatest consolation after having spent that money on this addon, but it will at least make most if not all of it functional in FS2002. Otherwise, the stories above about PT are true unfortunately.Hope this helps. Misha

Guest CapnCol

DavidI purchsed the BA version of the 757 some time ago together with the E3 Sentry. At the time I used FS2000 and they worked perfectly well. When I got FS2002 they would n't work very well (I can still fly them however but chose to wait to see if there was a patch).Like you I kept checking the website and got the same negative response. It was n't until I started looking at this website and visiting the forums that I found out about WAS/PT etc etc and although I am dissappointed that I probably won't be able to use these aircraft in FS2002 there are 3 good points.1) I did get alot of use out of them in FS2000 so they were n't totaly wasted, (I still have FS2000 if I want to reload it).2) There are so many more excellent new payware and freeware stuff out there that I have n't the time to miss them.3) At least now I am aware of who to avoid.Colin

>isn't this the same person who tried to put a copyright on >"flight simulation" as the inventor ? I thought that was Al Gore? :-lol

BobK

I tried to use the PSS757 in FS2002 and everytime I click on the EHSI or the Trim panel on the center pedestal, I wind up crashing the sim. I did get the overhead panel to work. Is there a fix for this.