Sign in to follow this  
Guest player1

SDK Resample inf file commands list?

Guest player1

Is there a comprehensive list of commands for the new resamler? I question if we can controle output for textures to be 256/512 or 1024, another words if I make a new inf file from my old data with my old large image data that was a multiple of 256 will it now get resized at 1024?on the other hand there is a lot that can be done with 512x15 and just leave the airport for 1024x1024...Hope some of this makes some sense, I just dont see full documentation of the commands in the SDK.Any help appreciated.

Guest jimjones

The location in your SDK folder is:SDKEnvironment KitTerrain SDKTerrain and Scenery.htmlThere is an extensive list of parameters in the Resample Tool SectionI don't understand most of what is there, but I was able to process a rather large GeoTiff file using minor modifications of the MillenuimImage.inf file included in the SDK. I only changed the SourceFile, the DestBaseFileName and the NullValue to be 0,0,0 since the output of the dgwarp contains borders in pure black that need to be removed. I retainded the Variation = Day, which produces a .bgl that is used for all months of the year. There apparently are many ways to deal with seasons and night time. The LOD was set to Auto, so I suppose the final .bgl file is dependant on your GeoTiff file resolution.I started with USAPhotoMap to obtain the images, used dgwarp to reproject and finally the MS resample to produce a .bgl file that contains both the program and the textures.The original .jpg was as 70,214 Kb file ( 15424 x 12510 pixels )The Geotiff file generated by dgwarp was 567,480 Kb and took about 20 minutes to generate.Resample produced a .bgl file of 176,146 Kb and took about 7:30 min:sec.That file, loaded with some building scenery, loaded into FSX in 1:30 min:sec.Jim

Hi,As already said by Jim, check the FsX terrain SDK. It shows you all options that resample can take.In the FsX mesh photo format the textures are stored in the BGL file itself. So no textures are generated for you. That means it does not matter if they are 256x256 or 1024x1024. With resample you can now go to a resolution of up to 7cm per pixel.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest player1

Thanks to both of you for the reply,I am a little bummed as I prefer to have a bit of control over what files are 512x512 and place in some 1024x1024 around airfields etc.I have many 512x512 textures that have been processed to look better than many of the 1024 FSX textures, there are much better filters to use than what are present in Photoshop or the SDK tools for that matter when it comes to resampling etc...I may go back to some old custom slicing tools and process the data with the old SDK tools and then drop in my textures.On the other hand I should give the tools a try before I jump to conclusions.Thanks for help very much.