Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

New project: Tile server for MS FSX based on Google Map...

Guest NYURDRMS

Edit, I figured out my own question.

Guest rbrown3rd

Christian,Congratulations on your fascinating project. It sounds far over my head and I have nothing but admiration for anyone who can accomplish what it sounds like you have accomplished.Anyone else in this thread...... The configuration of this app is a bit over my head. Has anyone configured for anything other than Acme Map Server who would be willing to share the file or help me set it up. I am really eager to see this thing run. Feel free to PM or email me if you are willing to share. This is a fascinating project and application and once again Christian you are a very clever and smart person. Bob

Did you get help yet. There are several treads running on this. You need to check out this http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=394558#394958folks there have posted the entire script needed to be pasted into the TileProxy.ini file and how to make the amendments to make it work.grab a coffee and do a read top to bottom and you will learn a lot.I have working file that I could share if you want, PM me and I can send it your way. First download the zip file, install the program, manually edit the tileproxy.ini file, then run the load.bat or ProxyUser.exe file and the interface will run, then launch your fsx, go to somewhere that is covered in high rez satelite photos. IE Hawaii.I just spent a good hour flying around the island of Kauaii, its absolutely incredible, like taking a heli tour for $300/hr.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest rbrown3rd

Yes, I have it running now. I was making it much more complicated than it actually is. I guess I got bogged down in the manual in the Quadtree tiling description thinking I had to configure something to accommodate that. Once I figured out how simple it really is I launched a flight near my home and was amazed. Then I went to the Grand Canyon and was amazed. I had put FSX on my shelf so to speak even though loaded on my system. Now I am using it constantly. I hope this sets the trend for sims in the future. I am really enjoying this. Congratulations to Christian for a superb implementation. Thanks for checking on my pitiful cry for help.

Guest cbuchner1

> I just spent a good hour flying around the island of Kauaii, its > absolutely incredible, like taking a heli tour for $300/hr.Back in November last year I had my first stunning view of Hawaii - the loading performance was even more terrible than it is now, but the graphics already looked amazing. The very next evening I invited a friend over and we flew Oahu on my XGA video projector. He spotted and explained a lot of geological details from the air (he's a geology student). Before he left he shook my hand and congratulated me on the success (after all this had just been a simple idea a couple of weeks before).That experience kept me going to improve that technology - and make it useable for everyone. While the goal has not yet been reached, I will keep moving into that direction. Maybe this will remain a hobby, maybe it has the potential to become more. Let's see.

Guest cbuchner1

Well the manual explains how to configure the thing from scratch, if needed. I tried to make it a bit more simple than that (essentially just taking out any recognizeable domain names and brands).The fact that people post the INI file on forums or by E-Mail where line breaks will be inserted and some special characters (like the square brackets) may get "swallowed" adds much to the confusion. But when it works, I believe the views compensate for any prior frustration.