Sign in to follow this  
arno

Hybride FSX

Guest CHRISH

Hi all,I am looking to make a hybrid version of FSX using FS9, as my megre spec PC just cant cope with all the lovely extra detail in FSX!One of things I want to do is to recreate the same excellent grass textures around the runways that exists in FSX (like KORD) into FS9. As the default FS9 grass areas around the runways look pretty awful in FS9. But the new textures in FSX look far better and I would therefore like to incorporate these into FS9. Is it possible to simply copy the textures across into FS9, until I can afford a super Computer to run FSX?If so which files do we need to copy across, I would like to do this on all of the main Airports in FS9.Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum.Best Wishes and Many thanks,ChrisEGBB UK

Hi Chris,I am afraid that is not going to work. FsX has many textures in the DDS format, but Fs2004 does not read them. Besides that the FsX engine can display a higher resolution textures, so that is probably why the grass looks better. Once you copy it into Fs2004 it will not be able to show the same resolution.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog