Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Cell Dimension Calculation??

If I recalculate the Millennium info I get the same values as in the INF. However, when I use a Terraserver or Google Earth photo and calculate the Cell size the x & Y values are not equal. It seems that every successful INF has the cell sizes equal??Dick near 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Making progress/ 1 meter/pixel from Terraserver. JPG converted to a BMP and a TIF. Used the old Elrond Elvish Resampler program to compute Cell Dimensions. Used GeoTiff Tools to copy a Millennium.TIF TAG file to the new TIF. You can then copy/paste the new values from Elrond's program into that file. Changed a copy of the Millennium INF to reflect the current need. Dragged the INF to the new resample for a compile to a BGL (texture inside the BGL). FSX Texture resolution slider set to 7cm to capture the maximum detail. Note that the photo is better than the synthetic. As usual the terminology masks the simplicity of the process. Now need to make a larger 1 meter area. Does increase FSX load time!!Dick near 5G9Oakland, CA Container Porthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161121.jpg

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA