Sign in to follow this  

What Speakers do you use for FS2K2?

I use J-S surround sound computer speakers with sub. OK, so they are quite cheap, but they do the trick.However, If I really want to annoy the neighbours I split the fround output from my SBLive Value card into the aux input of my JVC Microsystem.I then turn the computer speakers on, turn the hifi on and set it to aux input!I have the hifi speakers mounted above the front computer speakers, so I get a nice wall of sound!I think you do get better sound using a hifi rather than computer speakers-brian

The thing is the sweet spot of the Monsoon is really small. You have to point each flat panel to a point as close to your ears as possible. Otherwise you don't get the full effect (The sound does not sound like it's coming from the speakers. It's called transparency.) You can read all about it on their website. I actually had to modify the stands of mine to get the vertical alignment to my ears right.If you've done that than I guess it just boils down to personal preference. :-)-Leon Medado

This morning I ordered Klipsch Promedia 5.1 top of the line speakers. I researched on the net, and these things came out to be like $400. However, I haven't seen one bad review for em. These speakers are 500 watts.These speakers are part of my new killer system. If you want to see the further specs check out my profile. I'm hoping that these speakers coupled with a Hercules GameTheatre XP sound card will give damn good results.

I have just bought a complete new system and spent a lot of time shopping around for a decent affordable speaker set up.The computer has a soundblaster live 5.1 card in it, and I settled for a Cambridge soundworks FPS1600 4.1 set up and am very impressed with it.The sound of the flaps and landing gear in operation from the subwoofer is unbelievable.I tried a music CD at full blast and got no distortion whatsoever.Can recommend these speakers.