Sign in to follow this  
apm

Landclass values and texture sets

Hi,I should really appreciate some help. I wonder does any one know how to simply and easily determine which texture sets belong to which landclass values. I have discovered that by modifying the default textures of Fs X it is possible to go quite along way to removing the drab brown desert appearance of FsX autumn. So far, I have been identifying the textures I want to change within the sim and then been rooting around in the worldtexture folder to find them: this is very tedious and time consuming, hence my question. The default FsX textures are actually not too bad, despite appearances to the contrary, the main problem with them seems to be their lack of contrast. Any advice would be much appreciated.Adam

Hi Luis,Thank you very much for your help; the file was just what I needed.Regards,Adam.

Guest fame

>Hello Adam,>>Please try this:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161153.zip>>>Best regards.>>LuisGood Morning Luis:I've been reviewing the file in question, and it's a work-of-art.It's also pretty lonely... (With no other documentation) all alone in that great big *.zip file.So it begs the question... are you the author. Inquiring minds want to know ;)All The BestTom G, Sr.

Hi Tom,I don't want to speak for Luis but most knowledge about the innards of FS comes from a long legacy of partial contributions by many different individual "sleuths". In my own catalog of the FSX land class system - http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=57245 - I give a list of names of people that I know of who have worked on understanding and documenting it and I'm sure that list is incomplete.With regards to FSX, those of us who were part of the Beta team received some excellent first-hand information from ACES, which helped with documenting the many changes made to the land class system in the new version.Cheers, Holger

Oh well, Tom, ask me no questions, and I shall tell you no lies, as the wise man said.Seriously, though, I am not the author of the Flight Simulator land class system. At all.Does that answer your question?Best regards.Luis

Guest fame

Good Evening Holger:Nice to hear from you, it

Guest fame

>Oh well, Tom, ask me no questions, and I shall tell you no>lies, as the wise man said.>>Seriously, though, I am not the author of the Flight Simulator>land class system. At all.>>Does that answer your question?Perhaps... I now know that you are not the person behind 161153.zip. Unfortunately I