Sign in to follow this  
Guest Floyd312

Accurate Coordinate Readouts in FSX

Guest jimjones

In FS2004 there is a way to produce the output of the coordinates of the A/C location at the top of the screen in the form of:dd mm ss.ssss, instead of the default dd mm.mmThat alteration was made in the fs9.cfg file and was:Under the {Main} heading:Display_Fractional_Minutes=0That does not seem to work in FSX.Does anyone know how to achieve a more accurate readout and care to share that here?Jim

>In FS2004 there is a way to produce the output of the>coordinates of the A/C location at the top of the screen in>the form of:>>dd mm ss.ssss, instead of the default dd mm.mm>>That alteration was made in the fs9.cfg file and was:>>Under the {Main} heading:>>Display_Fractional_Minutes=0>>That does not seem to work in FSX.>>Does anyone know how to achieve a more accurate readout and>care to share that here?>>Jim>Not sure about fractional seconds, but it is possible to get decimal degrees.In your fsx.cfg, replace "Latitude=x,x" and "Longitude=x,x" with "LatitudeDec=x,x" and "LongitudeDec=x,x" in the [TextInfo.x] and [slewTextInfo.x] sections. For example:[TextInfo.1]LatitudeDec=1,1LongitudeDec=1,2...[slewTextInfo.1]LatitudeDec=1,1LongitudeDec=1,2-Doug

Jim,I was looking for the same and stumbled onto an answer...Look at the coordinates in a saved flight - mine are in dd mm ss.ss.I'm attempting my first BGLCOMP testcenter on the Bonnevile salt flats and was locating the vertices for an apron; slew to position, save flight, pop open flight file, quick scroll to the coordinates and there is is!Just hoping for the most accuracy that's available. Now if I can just get past the apron errors! ( had the same situation with adding Com - finally gave up. SDK documentation has errors and it's hard to stumble into the correct code.)SDK.1 for Christmas?Loyd

To have Lat/Long displayed as deg min sec.sec, add LatLonFormat=Seconds For deg.deg, set LatLonFormat=Degrees.To set the number of digits after the decimal point, add FractionalLatLonDigits=n where n is the number required.George

Guest jimjones

Thanks Doug, Scott, Loyd and George for your responses. George's method was most appropriate for my needs. Did exactly what was wanted. Placed those statements in the FSX.cfg file immediately following the {Main} section. I used 4 for the value of n. The output was dd mm ss.ss. Perhaps n is the total number of digits instead of the number after the decimal point, or there is a limit to the number of significant digits.Jim

Hmm, I use:LatLonFormat=DegreesFractionalLatLonDigits=6and I get degrees to 6 decimals.George