Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

FSX scenery.cfg and flatten entries?

Guest Hugo

Hi all.When I add a new scenery to FSX, I do not see any modification to the scenery.cfg file (no new entries in the file) as it used to be in the previous versions. At this point it still remains dated the day I installed FSX, 11/7/06, eventhough I added a couple of sceneries this 14 november. Yet the entries do show normaly in /Settings/Scenery Library and work correctly as addons in the sim.So, if scenery.cfg is no more 'updated' by an addon, which file is and where does it reside? I haven't found any, either in FSX main folder or C:Documents and SettingsUserNameApplication DataMicrosoftFSX one.Also, how can one add a flatten area. It seams fstflatten bgls won't work anymore with FSX, even when generated using FS9 as a guide.Hugo

Salut Hugo,The scenery.cfg in the FS X root directory is just a template, not the functional copy. It is a shame that the templates were not placed in a template folder, thus avoiding this confusion.The scenery.cfg that you want should be somewhere in your Documents and Settings folder - you can probably find it with a Search of your hard disk.Flattens now must be made with Shp2Vec, unfortunately. Give it a try and if you have any problems, just ask here.Best regards.Luis

Guest Hugo

Merci for your guidance Luis. Indeed scenery.cfg was on Documents and Settings folder but on a different subfolder FSX.cfg is located at; C:Documents and SettingsAll Users.WINDOWSApplication DataMicrosoftFSX.As for the flatten command, I have red your (and others) exclude saga through Shp2Vec usage. Geezz!! Just hope this one won't proove to be as a daunting task. I hope someone will now be able to use the knowledge you brought to make a couple of apps akin to FSFlatten and ExcBuilder to ease those fundamental tasks.All the best to you and all,Hugo