Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Convert raw to geotiff

Guest Cazador

Dear All:I have some raw file with landclass, i want to convert these files into tiff to georeference the tiff...Is there a way or tool to convert raw landclass files 257x257 to tiff?Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

Hi Alfredo,you can load the raw files into Photoshop or other image processing software that reads raw files. The land class raw files are 257x257 in 1-channel 8-bit.You can then save the raw in tif format and add geotiff tags with GeoTiffExamine - http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/freebie/free0699.htm- if needed. The NW corner for a raw file is defined in the accompanying inf file and each LOD5 raw file spans 2.8125 degrees latitude by 3.75 degrees longitude. xDim is always .0146484375 and yDim = .010986328125.Cheers, Holger

Hi Alfredo.The question now is why would you want to convert the data? Resample is very happy with RAW data... just supply the parameters as we have in the past, and the new resample will work just fine. You can use a multisource INF to combine several raw sources.Converting data to GeoTiff is an interesting exercise, but it simply complicates the whole resample process. If your original data is in GeoTiff format, then great. But if it is not, why not let resample use the RAW data, and let that program do the work?Dick

Guest Cazador

Dear Dick:The FSX Resample works with Geotiff.In the SDk documentation i don't see any tag that uses raw data, the documentation appoints to tiff instead of raw files.In the sdk examples, the inf files use geotiff, no raw data.But is hard to me to calculate the LOD 13 cells X,Y from LAt Lon coordinates, is there a formula to convert Lat, Lon to the LOD13 cell x,Y in the LOD 5 area?I found this inf in some forum:[source]Type=ClassU8SourceDir="F:FSXaaa FSX land classes"SourceFile="Texture Gallery CEE8 FSX.raw"Lat= 53.4375Lon=-112.5NumOfCellsPerLine=257NumOfLines=257CellXdimensionDeg= .0146484375CellYdimensionDeg= .010986328125[Destination]LOD=5UseSourceDimensions=1DestDir="F:FSXaaa FSX land classes"DestBaseFileName="Texture Gallery CEE8 FSX"But i don't know if is 100% compatible with the FSX Resample.Thanks.Alfredo Mendiola LoyolaLima Per

Hi Alfredo,here's a FSX compatible inf for use with raw files:[source]Type = RawLayer = LandClassSourceDir = "."SourceFile = "V200x_landclass_1414_FSX.raw"nCols = 257nRows = 257ulxMap = -127.5ulyMap = 50.625xDim = .0146484375yDim = .010986328125NullValue = 254BandLayout = BSQByteOrder = IntelnBands = 1SampleType = UINT8[Destination]DestFileType = BGLDestDir = "."DestBaseFileName = "VPlus_landclass_1414_FSX"UseSourceDimensions = 1LOD = 5Cheers, Holger

Guest Cazador

Here is the result of my inf:*****************************[source]Type = GeoTIFFSourceDir = "."SourceFile="GeoTif01.tif"Layer = LandClassulyMap = -11.25ulxMap = -78.75nCols = 257nRows = 257xDim = .0146484375yDim = .010986328125[Destination]DestDir="."DestBaseFileName="Tif01"See the result in the image.I have assigned the rgb=254 in the tif file for null value.What i'm doing wrong?

Hi there,the default null value (transparency) is 255. Thus, either you need to set the null values in your tiff to 255 or add the NullValue = 254 line in the inf.Cheers, Holger