Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

Fences, Freeways and Exclude

Thanks Guys,At least there're not that many freeways defined for PR so I tracing them manually won't be a big deal.ThanksJuan

DickI have the same problem getting rid of the FWTraffic for my Atlanta Airport.The new 10/28 Runway and taxiway cross over I-285 which by default has freeway Traffic. Las Vegas (KLAS) also has Runways (25L/25R + taxiways) crossing over Freeway Traffic so I thought the TmfViewer would give me a clue on how FSX did it at Las Vegas.TmfViewer (ident vector features) shows blank Vector Objects (none Listed)in the cells and the FWTraffic does not cross the runways at Las Vegas but disappear on each side of the runways correctly. I am going to try your work around.

Thanks DickI was able to stop the 4 lane vector lines of traffic from crossing over the new runway 10/28 at Atlanta with this work around. The single line in the QMID15 cell worked perfectly and the line does not have to as long as the cell, it just needs to be present.

Hi Jim.Yes. NOT using -addtocells will replace the cell entirely.. so even a tiny FWX line will do the trick.What I didn't know was that FWX, being clipped at QMID15, doesn't affect any other vector lines or polys.Dick

Good news,I did what Dick said but to push his idea a little more, I just moved my freeway data to another folder and ran shp2vec without the -addtocell flag. Guess what, it worked!...no more default freeways or 4x4 racing on the dirt. I didn't have to even put a little line with 0 lanes at all! I used the freeway data with no modifications but I compiled it by it self (no roads, parks, excludes etc).Thanks man!Juan

>Hi all.>>I think I have a work-around for the FWX exclude.>>While we can't exclude the freeway traffic, we can>replace it by compiling new traffic, and NOT using>-addtocells.>>This will replace all traffic in the QMID15 ( LOD13 ) cell...>and seems to leave the rest of the vector scenery alone. If>you want to eliminate all traffic in the QMID15, just draw a>line and under NumberOfLa, use 0. ( Zero lanes of traffic ).>This replaces the cell data with zero lanes.>>I think the other vector info is left alone with NOT using>-addtocells here, because we are dealing with a clip level of>15 ( as defined in the xml )... and only traffic resides on>clip level 15.>>So use a unique filename name for your traffic shapefile (>maybe "FWXMyTrafficPUR5" , and compile it separately ( NOT>using -addtocells ), to get a separate freewaytraffic BGL>replacement for Puerto Rico. Replace with your traffic lines,>and rid excess default traffic by using short lines with zero>NumberOfLa to clear the QMID15 cells if needed. >>TMFViewer can be of great help by setting the grid to QMID15>and jotting down the long-lats for the short zero-traffic>lines. You can find the default directory and file number for>the appropriate cvx file to use in TMFViewer by using>TCalcX_002 while slewing in the sim:>>http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/TCalcX_002_source.zip>>TCalcX requires the .Net 2.0 runtime framework installed...as>do many of the FSX SDK tools.>>DickAn update (since this thread was just linked from another). This bug with excluding freeway traffic should be fixed by FSX SP1.-Doug