Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

FSX GPS Polys

I was looking at the cvx bgl for the US colorado river (1719/1720) and see areas in tmfViewer where there are GPS polys and no corresponding hydro polys (see 33.790631/-115.213755). I looked in game and don't see this, either in a main view or in the GPS or map. So I'm wondering am I missing something?scott s..

I have seen that as well, Scott, over the Donau in Budapest. No idea what is going on.Best regards.Luis

>>I was looking at the cvx bgl for the US colorado river (1719/1720) >>and see areas in tmfViewer where there are GPS polys and no >>corresponding hydro polys (see 33.790631/-115.213755). I looked in >>game and don't see this, either in a main view or in the GPS or >>map. So I'm wondering am I missing something?>>>>scott s.>>.>I have seen that as well, Scott, over the Donau in Budapest.>No idea what is going on.>>Best regards.>>LuisThere are two possible causes where this happens:1) Our water sloper "ate" some rivers. We are looking into the possibility of fixing *some* of these (prioritized on expected benefit). Submitting bugs (with specific details) on missing rivers (to www.fsinsider.com) will help us build a case and prioritize.2) The GPS water polys are, for the most part, DCW ("low-resolution"), which is what was primarily used for FS9. The non-GPS hydro polys in many areas of the world share the same source as the GPS water (but were smoothed). For the rest of the world the non-GPS hydro polys ("high-resolution") were purchased from several vendors. We discovered, very late in the cycle, that the resolution of the data provided for North America and Europe varied significantly in areas - degrading to the quality of DCW (or worse) - or was missing in areas. Had we discovered this earlier we would have had more options. As it was, our investigated fix made things worse and was abandoned. These, unfortunately, are not likely to be considered for fixing at this time.-Doug

Understood that the data sources were different or other problems possible. I guess what I am really wondering, is that I can't see these GPS polys anywhere but in tmfViewer. Fortunately for US, the UT USA product should take care of any water body problems. (What caused me to look at this was that I did some fix of the UT USA in FS9 in this area, and was curious about how the default FSX looked, since I was very familiar with the source data USGS DLG hydro data).scott s..

>Understood that the data sources were different or other>problems possible. I guess what I am really wondering, is>that I can't see these GPS polys anywhere but in tmfViewer.>Fortunately for US, the UT USA product should take care of>any water body problems. (What caused me to look at this was>that I did some fix of the UT USA in FS9 in this area, and was>curious about how the default FSX looked, since I was very>familiar with the source data USGS DLG hydro data).>>scott s.>.>You don't see them in the GPS?-Doug

I looked at the sources for the GPS hydro polys. The several in the area you have provided are flagged as non-perennial (dry at least part of the year). I believe that the map engine currently ignores these.-Doug