Sign in to follow this  
russdirks

EZ-Landclass 3.00 Beta

The beta version of EZ-Landclass 3.00 is now available if anyone wants to try it out. It's very similar to previous versions, except it can now be used with FSX. It's only been tested by myself, so if you find any bugs in the program or documentation, let me know via this thread or the email address in the Readme.You can download it here : [a href=http://www.dirks-software.ca/scripts/download.php?path=/downloads/ezlc300.zip&description=EZ-Landclass%203.00]EZ-Landclass 3.00[/a]Once it's stable I'll upload it to the various flight sim libraries.Best regards,Russel DirksDirks Software

An FSX folder is created at the specified customer target. Why not place the landclass BGL directly into the specified folder which, in many cases, wiil be a Scenery folder. Saves moving the BGL.Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

>Why not place the landclass BGL directly into the specified>folder which, in many cases, wiil be a Scenery folder. Saves>moving the BGL.That would be a nice feature that I had thought about doing. One problem is the move operation would fail if the user forgot to disable the scenery area in FS -- the OS would report the file being in use. Plus, it's always a trade-off between the features I want to add to a program, and the time needed to add those features. Besides, this is freeware. I have to make the user do SOME work! ;-) It's easy enough to make a little batch file to copy the bgl to the necessary Scenery folder.

A very interesting thing, Russel.I had in the past created land class projects in Jim Keir's LWMViewer 2 and just ported them over to EZ-Landlass, since Jim provides an ezl file automatically.With this new version, every seems to work fine and the project opens correctly:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162558.jpgI thereupon change the name in the Project settings to something more descriptive and then compile the project.The bgl displays the file about 3 degrees North of the correct location.Checking the project settings I see this:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/162559.jpgThere is no way to change the latitude back to the correct value and it will always revert to this value.Just changing the name of the project is sufficient to bring about this behavior.After compiling this land class file, I immediately followed by loading a water class file, changing its name, and compiling. It was placed about 3 degrees above the incorrect land class file, so 6 degrees total.Best regards.Luis

Hi Luis,Thanks for the bug report. Got it fixed now. The formula I was using to determine what LOD5 cell the project was in had a bit of a bug in it. You can download 3.01 [a href=http://www.dirks-software.ca/scripts/download.php?path=/downloads/ezlc301.zip&description=EZ-Landclass%203.00]here[/a].Regards,Russel Dirks

Guest Cazador

Dear Russel:There is a bug with the coordinates, i have imported a FS2004 ezLandClass project and i see the coordinates separator like comma not like decimal point, when i change from comma to decimal point and press the OK button and open my project option windows i see again commas instead of decimal points on the NW LOD 5 coordinates.Congratulation for your tool...Thanks.Alfredo MEndiola LoyolaLima Per

Hi Alfredo,I would say that's a feature, not a bug. EZ-Landclass will display numbers using the settings found in Control Panel / Regional and Language Settings. So if your computer is setup to use a comma for the decimal separator, that is what EZLC will use. Does the project compile ok?Regards,Russel Dirks

Hi Russel,many thanks for the update to one of my favorite and most used FS utilities. Works great here in the new version!Cheers, Holger

>Works great here in the new version!Hi Holger, that's good to hear. Thanks for the kind words.Best regards,Russel Dirks