Sign in to follow this  
Guest simpilot

Wihhc GF3 should I get?

Guest georgi55

I have choices from these 3.Can anybody help me with this?Vetro GF3 - $139 (179-40 rebate)Xtasy GF3 TI200 64MB - $119(149-30 rebate)MSI GF3 TI200 128MB - $150All in US$.Which will be my best choice considering the price?I know GF3 is faster than GF3 TI200, but would 128MB GF3 TI200 be better? (even it's not better for FS2002, how about in other games)Please allow me to ask this in FS2002 forum as I will be mainly using it for FS2002, and it takes forever to get one response.My ATi card has problems with my current chipset, but Nvidia chip has no problems at all,so I finally decided to say BYE to ATI after 2 years using it (RADEON 64MB DDR VIVO)I am not looking for perfomance improvement, just stable runing, and correct fog in FS2002. (ATi makes blue curtain instead of fog)Georgi

Guest JonP01

Given those specific 3 choices, I would go for the MSI 128MB card. Although some benchmarks may indicate that there is no point getting a 128MB vs a 64MB card, the experiences of people on this board indicate otherwise when using FS2002.

yea, go for the MSI 128mb card. Boy those GF3s sure are getting cheap I remember when I bought my wimpy Gf2 for I thing it was $129.Andrew

Guest simpilot

Check at newegg.com for the Gainward GF3 Ti200. It is rated either number 1 or 2 dependent upon which review you have read. It is priced right now at $124 + s/h. This is a card that comes out of the boc overclocked and the manufacturer waqrranties it that way. I would have gotten this card a few weeks back but, I am just waiting another week or 2 and pull the trigger on either a Ti4200 or 4400 purchase. I am waiting to see market reaction to the new technology supposedly coming on the 14th. But if I were buying right now, this is the card I would buy in the GF3 lineup.Cheers!Richard