Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

There I was, about to buy EZ-Scenery when..

Interesting. That's the same guy who did EZ-Scenery, so he can obviously deliver the goods. I've been using EZ-Scenery since it came out and love it. I've also bought a number of Flight1 products and love those, too. When it comes to support, though, I find the difference between Abacus and Flight1 to be like night and day. Given the choice of buying a similar product from either company, I wouldn't even consider Abacus. My advice would be to wait and see what the Flight1 product is like. I'll be taking a close look at it, too.Sidney Schwartz KPDX

Guest RobA

Hey Sid, Glad I stopped by! I'm ready to get back into scenery design after a long absence and boy have things changed! ;-) I almost just bought EZScenery hoping it would be upgraded for FSX and now I see it's maybe better to wait to see what Flight 1 will offer, esp from the same author.Best, Rob A

Very interesting,Since it is made of the same author it seems like the chances to see a EZ-Scenery FSX version has faded to zero.I will definitely wait for this myself as I am very pleased with EZ-Scenery and this one probably will go a step further in features.Bjorn

Ah just some musings....I can't remember how expensive EZScenery is/was but there are thousands of freeware objects that are available, i note the info says will be compatable with FS9 and FS10, I wonder if it would be possible to use the objects currently available for EZS in the new program. I would suspect that the author would be considering this in his work at Flight1 and would it ever be nice to be able to "open" up a scenery.bgl made with the EZS and modify it using the new program.I suppose the scenery.bgl could be decompiled into xml and recompiled to work in FSX.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

"I wonder if it would be possible to use the objects currently available for EZS in the new program"maybe... that would be nice - and even nicer if the zillions of objects that work with EZS that seem to have been made for RW12 work.Come to think of it, I read somewhere that a library object is just a library object, so maybe the format isn't proprietary?I hope it comes soon, though.Andrew

When I had the FSX demo installed on my computer, I made a simple (one object) scenery bgl in FS9 and then moved it to FSX. It displayed correctly in FSX. It's my understanding that FSX will read FS9 scenery bgls, but not all FS9 scenery objects will display correctly in FSX. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what works and what doesn't. As for me, I decided that my FS9 setup (BEV textures, Ultimate Terrain, Flight Environment, Ultimate Traffic) looks as good or better than FSX. So even if I spend a bunch of money upgrading my system so it will run FSX at something faster than a crawl, I still won't be better off than I am now. I'll wait, thanks.Sidney Schwartz KPDX