Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Change FSX Airport Elevation?

I have decompiled the appropriate APXxxxxxx.BGL file. The airport's elevation is evident and has been changed. However, what is the tool to recompile back to an APX.BGL? The SDK does not seem to mention the APX file??Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

It's a standard XML file, as far as I can tell. As a very brief trial, with no further testing involved, I took one of the APX files for Hawai'i that I had decompiled with BGLAnalyzeX and ran it through BGLComp. It gave me a BGL file.But I have only limited time, so I didn't replace the default file and test in the sim.

Yes, I got that far. I had copied an Airport section from an APXxxxxxx.BGL file and modified the altitude. After more reading I discovered that I could add the standard XML header and use that. It made the BGL ok and did not cause any problems with FSX but the airport altitude did not change. Looking at the many, many lines of code with altitude values I gave up on that. It seems prudent to wait until someone programs a proper process with a fill-in the blanks GUI. I have no desire to learn Visual Basic. AFCAD's BGL will overide many of the airport elements but does not seem to have an effect on elevation.The values used within the description of a large airport are more than I care to mess with. It is a hobby, not an obsession, but that line is quite fuzzy!!!Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

I took the easy way out and used the Delete Airport Boundary in SBuilder. Worked.. My airport runway and taxiways now setting at the proper elevation with the usual minimal flatten around each element. This provides a boundary closer to reality for this particular airport.Regards,Dick Boley

regards,