Sign in to follow this  
Jakob Arnholtz

Autogen for photorealistic Sceneries?

Hello.I am looking for a tutorial on how to add autogen to Photorealistic Sceneries. The way it is done by http://www.francevfr.com/ is absolutely breattaking, and the Scenery I had in mind for some additional autogen is http://www.danvfr.com/index.html wich appears cuite flat, as many Photorealistic Sceneries does.I have already downloadet annotator tool from Microsoft but needs a program like agnlocator.exe that displays the name of the tile you're flying above in FS => helps you to identify which tile to open in Annotator for rework. Agnlocator is a small utility made by France VFR, but the manual is in French, wich is a problem for me to read ( To put it mildly!)Any help or tread about the subject or link to a tutorial is welcome.KindlyJakob Arnholtz

AGenT is a really nice annotator (http://my.chillstation.de/fs/index.php?id=24). It's really simple to use and the results are very nice. One really helpful tool is the 'forest detection'. You set parameters for it to place vegetation. The parameters can be adjusted to minimize trees ending up in the wrong location. Then use the randomize function to shift them around so they're not in a grid. The randomize function can also delete objects to the FS9 limits if you want. AGenT can also copy and paste, which is handy if you have similar patterns of houses that repeat or just want buildings to be the same size without redrawing each one. It also shows the adjacent tiles and allows buildings to cross over the edge.The limits are much higher with FSX, so you may want to uncheck the randomize option to delete excess objects if you're looking at using it for both. AGenT has not been rewritten to handle FSX images, but since you posted this in the FS9 forum, I assume you're not looking at that capability right now.It's really simple, if a bit time consuming, so there isn't a great need for a tutorial. You can try things, see how they look and edit what you don't like.

I have downloadet AGenT_15, wich looks like the kind of programme I need. I am now in need for dokumentation or a tutorial. Since I am a beginner in the field, any help is most welcome.KindlyJakob Arnholtz

I use all three of the tools mentioned here, each has its uses.I use AGenT for the Detect Forests tool -- this has reduced the time it takes to place trees in a typical project from 2 weeks to 2 days.Art Martin's Autogen Editor (!!!not aware of any negative user feedback, the tools seems pretty fabulous to me) does everything else, including a very handy mosaic tile feature to select tiles. You see the whole image onscreen, including autogen, and just click on a tile to open it.It also has a brilliant 'multiple houses along a freehand line' tool. After you set it up, you just draw a freehand line along the roads and it'll automatically place randomly size, accurately angled houses. This makes all the difference for larger cities.I use the MS Annotator to move and delete only. To track down a particular tile, I use TCalc2004. This links to the simulator, and displays the appropriate tile name as you fly over it.

unfortunately, when I run the Art MartinAutogen Editor, I am met with an error message saying Run_time error'380' Invalid property value. Does anyone have a clue?KindlyJakob Arnholtz

Guest AOA

JakobYou would be better served by posting in the scenery design forum.Pete

Hello.My troubles are over.I have discovered the following:To locate the tile I want to alter, I run TCalc2004_2.0Tod add forrest I use AGenT which automates the process of adding large areas with trees.The Autogen Editor/Creator Program (Author: Art Martin) comes handy when the subject is buildings.I am looking foreward to dig deeper into the subject of adding autogen. I is easyer than I thought ( Suprise!), and wish to thank anyone for their kind help with my beginners problems.KindlyJakob Arnholtz